Talk

Advanced search

About bacon!

(13 Posts)
EdmundCleverClogs Fri 30-Sep-16 12:24:15

Can't stand the stuff (yes ok, I know I'm unreasonable on that point).

Have family coming over and promised bacon sarnies for lunch. However, the bacon (bought yesterday evening), was forgotten at the bottom of the pram, left in a cool/cold porch all night. I'm thinking 'chuck it, leave guest to themselves for 15mins when they arrive and go on a bacon hunt' (I have a sprained ankle so extra fun). Another part of me thinks it may be ok clutching at straws. Which should I do? Have already forgotten a pack of sausages this week, not doing well with poor piggies...

usual Fri 30-Sep-16 12:26:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Soubriquet Fri 30-Sep-16 12:26:41

I would have cooked it if it was cool all night

Sirzy Fri 30-Sep-16 12:27:15

Can you not message one of them and ask them to grab a packet?

chitofftheshovel Fri 30-Sep-16 12:27:25

I would eat that, it'll be fine.

Notso Fri 30-Sep-16 12:27:31

I'd cook it.

Tequilamockinbird Fri 30-Sep-16 12:27:50

It'll be fine to cook.

PickachuPurrlease Fri 30-Sep-16 12:27:55

I wouldn't risk the bacon and would chuck it, but I would also not hobble off when they arrive and I love bacon Can you not just tell the guests of the bacon incident and ask them to pick up some more bacon on route? No bacon lover will refuse to collect some bacon on route if someone is going to make them a decent bacon sandwich when they arrive.

I now really want a bacon sandwich smile

HunterHearstHelmsley Fri 30-Sep-16 12:30:01

It'll be fine.

EdmundCleverClogs Fri 30-Sep-16 12:32:48

Don't have a number unfortunately and just the one person, so can't answer a message! The shop isn't far, they're driving quite a way for a visit to be fair. Don't want to cause food poisoning for their efforts confused (I've just scrubbed the toilet....)

hellsbellsmelons Fri 30-Sep-16 12:33:38

Unless it's going green it will be fine.
Cook it and eat it.
Yummy

MrsJayy Fri 30-Sep-16 12:33:58

Its cured innit so preserved I would cook it will be fine

EdmundCleverClogs Fri 30-Sep-16 12:36:51

I'll have a whiff of it when they get here. This is why I'm having a nice, healthy, normal lunch cheese and marmite sandwich.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now