AIBU to ask for reusable nappy recommendations, no velcro preferably

(19 Posts)
moreworkandhope Thu 29-Sep-16 21:47:02

not sure of the right words here but I need one that you can just put on in one go, so not the old fashioned terries + wrap (I use those already when poss.)

preferably no Velcro

I don't mind having to make up the nappies in advances, folding, putting on the fleece liner then the disposable etc, what I mind is the process taking ages on a wriggling resistant baby.

fryingpan Thu 29-Sep-16 21:51:12

I use Close Pop Ins. They are velcro I'm afraid but once you've prepared them they go on as fast as normal nappies and are really absorbant.

Artandco Thu 29-Sep-16 21:53:15

Wonderoo v3. Pop close. Has to stuff pocket but then on as usual

Bumgenius

Pomtastic Thu 29-Sep-16 22:00:44

Itti bitti / itti tuttos work really well for us.

They're so very soft & fluffy, trim fitting, no leaks - and best of all, easier to put on than a disposable (for me anyway! They have poppers not velcro, so once you know which popper is fitting your baby currently, it's SO quick to snap on. Disposables seem sort of imprecise in comparison - I always seem to get the tabs in an ill-fitting place initially)

If you don't mind second hand then Facebook nappy selling groups are a great place to get reasonably priced nappies to try out as well

bettycat81 Thu 29-Sep-16 22:06:17

When DS (now 7) was a baby I bought cheap pocket nappies from China... around £2 each, worked really well once we found a combination of inserts that worked for us and they had some lovely prints

fluffypacman Thu 29-Sep-16 22:06:30

Milovia. Not entirely an all in one but so easy to use and so quick to dry I actually found them easier than our Bumgenius elementals. We had the covers and separate inserts. They dry really quickly and the inserts just sit in the cover so there's no preparation to them. The patterns are really pretty and they wear well. They're absorbent and popper fastening.

bluechameleon Thu 29-Sep-16 22:13:15

I like real easy nappies. They fasten with poppers and are very absorbant. Take ages to dry though.

WutheringFrights Thu 29-Sep-16 22:14:21

Bumgenius!

SquinkiesRule Thu 29-Sep-16 22:32:18

I had Bumgenius for my Dd and loved them. We had the really old kind, that only came in white back then I got them from cottonbabies website. I used to dye the covers using KoolAid to make them interesting.

sentia Fri 30-Sep-16 06:26:30

We tried quite a few and Charlie Banana were my favourite - easy to use and they fit well.

CrohnicallyAspie Fri 30-Sep-16 07:05:17

Little lamb pocket nappies, you fold an absorbent square into a pocket between the fleece liner and waterproof outside, they then go on all in one piece like a disposable and fasten with poppers.

AlexandraLeaving Fri 30-Sep-16 07:11:26

Fuzzibunz were our favourite of the popper/pocket style.

dylsmimi Fri 30-Sep-16 09:20:45

We used Charlie banana. And smarti pants going to dig them out ready to reuse for ds3.
They are pocket nappies so easy to use and dry quickly without a tumble drier.
Nursery found them easy to use too
Look out for any cash back deal from your local authority too

BurnTheBlackSuit Fri 30-Sep-16 09:22:47

Loved Mother-Ease nappies ( have poppers)

allthatnonsense Fri 30-Sep-16 09:23:54

Milovia have worked best for us.
They are soft, a great fit and have never stained.
Tots Bits easyfit don't work for us at all - too bulky and leaky.
Bumgenius are fine, but expensive.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Fri 30-Sep-16 09:23:58

Little Lamb pockets or Bumgenius all in ones. If there's a nappy library near you they can help.

TeamSteady Fri 30-Sep-16 09:26:10

I found we had to try a lot to find the right one for us as different brands suit different shapes.

I tried close pop ins- fantastic containment, but didn't suit our chunky thighs, left huge red marks so i sold them on.

Totsbots easyfit Star were good, altho velcro. Not great absorbency compared to fitted two parters but so easy to use. The easy fit V4, the earlier version are crap in comparison, i saw some on special offer after using the stars. No where near as good and the inside is so rough!

Charlie Banana i found a bit Meh... they were ok, but not so fabulous that they were worth their comparatively high cost.

Littlelambs OFSM pockets we've found good, they aren't bulky, and are comparable with CB and the totsbots in terms of wetness absorbency but much cheaper.

I was convinced before trying any that i wanted an all in one or pocket system. As it happens we found little lambs fitted were the best for us.

He wears a bamboo nappy with extra booster at bedtime and then we have a selection on bamboo and microfibre (not as absorbent but super quick to dry, work perfectly well during the day)

We also tried a bamboozle fitted and whilst it was fine, it wasn't any better than the LL but much more expensive. We also tried the motherease wraps but i just haven't got the hang of them, so we're sticking with the LL wraps.

allthatnonsense Fri 30-Sep-16 09:26:12

How could I forget?! Little Lambs are wonderful. I stuff the sized pockets with Milolvia pads as they are softer and dry faster than the little lambs bamboo Ines.

TeamSteady Fri 30-Sep-16 09:28:58

forgot to say the LL sizing isn't generous. Ds is about 16lb and has been in the size 2 since about 14lb. size 2 is supposed to b e 18/20lb-35lb.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now