Talk

Advanced search

To be undecided whether to go on a date

(5 Posts)
HotPoppyLove Thu 29-Sep-16 20:10:37

I met a guy online and we have been talking non stop more or less every day for the past few weeks and now the time has come where he has asked me on a date.
We have got on really well since we have been talking and he seems to say the right things etc but am I being unreasonable to turn down the offer of a date due to his comb over hairstyle. We are both in our early 20s.
Apart from the hair I really do like him, do you think there is any way I can get around this or is it better to call it off before the date?

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Thu 29-Sep-16 20:14:33

Choose an activity for the date that he has to wear a helmet /hat?
Sounds pretty bad that :
A. He has a comb over
B. That you have fessed up on mn that you hate his hair and not mentioned his fab personality in excess proportions!
Go on the date. Maybe he will call at the barbers en route.

JellyBelli Thu 29-Sep-16 20:16:03

Is he bald on top? DP is so shaves his head, I much prefer it to a combover but it does really suit him.
If you like him, get to know hiom then tell him you're ok with male baldness. It sounds like he feels embarassed and needs to cover it.

GipsyHill Thu 29-Sep-16 20:17:23

I'd go on the date- you obviously have some chemistry if you've been talking non-stop for weeks. I think you'll know better when you meet him whether you find him attractive enough to take it further or not.

HotPoppyLove Thu 29-Sep-16 20:22:54

Thanks all for your replies. I'm not sure if he is bald or just has this hairstyle out of choice but maybe it is an option for me to speak nicely to him about it if first date goes well. We definitely do have a lot of chemistry between us and he is so sweet with everything he says. I think I will go on the date and see how things go from there grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now