Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to give this packed lunch to dd today? (Lighthearted)

(13 Posts)
99littleducks Thu 29-Sep-16 13:31:00

So today dd had a school trip. She always has school dinners but today because of the trip she took a packed lunch containing:
White buns with cheese and butter
Chicken nuggets (homemade )
Packet of Crisps
Fruit shoot
Break away chocolate bar.

I'm usually stingy wth junk food but today went all out with juice, choc and crisps! I feel like I've won MN's bingo for bad mums grin

Funny thing is dd won't know until lunchtime as I handed it in later on... I'm sure her face will light up grin

So WIBU to serve this up?

egginthebun Thu 29-Sep-16 14:51:02

Nope! Definitely not....you're probably mum of the year in your DD eyes!
Everything in moderation as far as I'm concerned. Junk food now and again as a treat is fine!

Cliffdiver Thu 29-Sep-16 14:54:18

YABU for not giving her a packet of Hariono too.

Cliffdiver Thu 29-Sep-16 14:54:30

hmm Haribo

AnythingMcAnythingface Thu 29-Sep-16 16:03:32

Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt. Jean.

Obviously you're the anti-parent. How do you sleep at night?!?

Oysterbabe Thu 29-Sep-16 16:05:04

You may as well have lobbed a few rocks of crack in there too.

MrsMiniaturePixie Thu 29-Sep-16 18:14:24

Think mine was on same school trip as yours! Juice carton, tuna sandwich, fairy cake with icing, monster munch, babybel and a penguin. And a big bottle of squash 😂

StartledByHisFurryShorts Thu 29-Sep-16 18:16:13

No bottle of WKD blue? Tsk.

Whatsername17 Thu 29-Sep-16 18:20:58

Cold chicken nuggets? It might be tempted vegetarian in me but I just don't get why you'd eat them cold?

booellesmum Thu 29-Sep-16 18:23:56

All the rules definitely go out the window for school trips.
Cold chicken nuggets are delicious.
Hope you got a big hug when she got home.

Sparklesilverglitter Thu 29-Sep-16 18:28:36

YANBU As a treat lunch, can't see a problem.

everything in moderation, even a little junk now and then

99littleducks Thu 29-Sep-16 22:30:44

whatsername17 I'm glad the only thing you found worrying was the chicken nuggets grin
(They weren't out the fridge cold by the way. And when I say nuggets I mean boneless chicken bits, Coated and fried so it's quite soft not dry.
...I'm not sure why I'm giving recipes out blush )

Cliffdiver - I knew I was missing something!

*MrsMiniaturePixie - clearly you are more knowledgeable in these matters than me. wink

DailyFaily Thu 29-Sep-16 23:43:31

I'm going to compete for parent of the year by telling you that I turned up at our last PTA meeting with my son and a happy meal. In my defence I was coming straight from work and picking my son straight up from after school club - he really could not have been happier! I got a fruit bag naturally, to cancel out the other stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now