Talk

Advanced search

to ask neighbour to stop hammering at frickin midnight???

(10 Posts)
Evilstepmum01 Thu 29-Sep-16 00:03:29

Seriously wtaf? Banging, hammering and all sorts been going on all day and they're STILL banging away!!
Do I go round in my fluffy jammies, with crazy hair and ask them to STFU?
Lovely neighbours, we get on fine with them. Think theyre out tho, its her Russian Dad who;s in, he doesnt speak a word of english!
FFS! its getting louder!

LadyB49 Thu 29-Sep-16 00:06:08

I'd definitely go to the door. He'd get the message whether he speaks English or not, politely.

NoBetterName Thu 29-Sep-16 00:06:21

Are you the neighbour on the other side of my neighbour?

Our neighbour has also taken to hammering at all hours. FFS, surely there's only so much hammering you can do.

IMissGrannyW Thu 29-Sep-16 00:09:21

I once went round to neighbours v late at night in night-clothes. I knocked (tiredly) and acted tired. Eg, when they opened the door (which took a while because they didn't hear it due to the drilling), I had my head down, my arm up and was still feebly knocking on the (now open) door. They said "is it too late?" and I nodded sadly.

They got better after that, and apologised several times.

Evilstepmum01 Thu 29-Sep-16 00:10:32

Must not go all Glaswegian on them:ie 'HO. GONNAE SHUT THE FUCK UP?'

(did this last year to them when they had hot tub party at 11pm and woke DS).

Nobettername I suspect not as we're semi-detached. Sorry. I cannot imagine what contraption requires twenty thousand fuckin nails hammered into the wall.

Stevefromstevenage Thu 29-Sep-16 00:12:10

Go Glaswegian. I think it translates well into Russian.

Evilstepmum01 Thu 29-Sep-16 00:19:27

I'm not Glaswegian, I simply channel my inner rage that way.

Ahhh.......finally. he's gone for a fag!

Goodnight all! skips joyously upstairs

Alabastard Thu 29-Sep-16 02:11:54

If he continues I can give you some great Russian phrases to bark at him. He'll soon get the message.

Chottie Thu 29-Sep-16 02:48:44

Huge sympathies from me.

I have NDN (but one) who uses power hoses and electric drills late at night too. He does not have to get up early for work in the morning. Sadly he is not a person you can have a civil conversation with........ sad

OhWotIsItThisTime Thu 29-Sep-16 06:26:04

I lived next to a couple who did this. Their excuse was he worked nights, therefore he couldn't do diy in the day as he was sleeping. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now