Talk

Advanced search

To be horrified by vaginal rejuvenation

(98 Posts)
Houseofmirth66 Wed 28-Sep-16 20:49:51

Someone at work is having it done! With a laser! Which beats the rusty razor blade endured by terrified little girls in countries where women are second class citizens. However, it seems to me that hacking at your bits to make yourself tighter for a man is really a more sanitised version of female circumcision. There was some talk of labia reduction too. Can one have too much labia? Please tell me I am not being unreasonable to have been shocked.

WhateverWillBe Wed 28-Sep-16 20:51:53

I'm shocked that you'd know about it...it's kind of private, not the type of thing i'd shout about.

But I think YABU. How is it different to any other type of plastic surgery? Totally and utterly different situation to FGM.

Champagneformyrealfriends Wed 28-Sep-16 20:53:06

YABU-her fanjo, her choice.

TheNaze73 Wed 28-Sep-16 20:54:34

YABU. What she does is up to her. I think you're massively overreacting

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Wed 28-Sep-16 20:54:54

Beware her arriving one morning carrying a photo album!!

Houseofmirth66 Wed 28-Sep-16 20:54:56

I think it is different. A healthy vulva is central to your enjoyment of sex. Sacrificing that so it's up to scratch for a bloke is anti feminist to say the least.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Wed 28-Sep-16 20:55:27

I think there are cases of women having unusually long labia, apparently it can make underwear / sitting etc painful and uncomfortable. I think it's pretty rare but it does happen.

No clue about the rejuvenation thing.

Snowflakes1122 Wed 28-Sep-16 20:56:12

Is this a thing people discuss at work with colleagues? confused

ashamedtoask Wed 28-Sep-16 20:56:15

Yes you can have too much labia. Can cause all sorts of problems medically, can be a necessary surgery for comfort and health reasons. I don't know much about vaginal rejuvenation though but if it's her body it's up to her what she does. Thats why it's not FGM, it's her own choice.

myownprivateidaho Wed 28-Sep-16 20:56:25

Can you not see that there is a huge difference between forced FGM and voluntary restructuring? It's like saying that consensual sex is a more sanitised version of rape. I think that policing other women's choices about their bodies isn't going to help women in the long run!

PikachuSayBoo Wed 28-Sep-16 20:57:31

You can have too much labia if they're too long that they need tucking in several times a day to avoid rubbing.

Ausernotanumber Wed 28-Sep-16 20:57:44

Is she getting her labia trimmed or her fanjo tightened ?

I'd like my labia tidied. they're very uneven. My fanjo is beyond redemption!

Fizzer123 Wed 28-Sep-16 20:57:56

Personally I can't think of anything worse than lasers fired up my fanjo. Unless it was causing me severe medical problems me & any bloke would just have to put up with it. I agree very anti feminist, unless for medical reasons.

DerekSprechenZeDick Wed 28-Sep-16 21:00:32

I'd love a designer vagina

I'd vajazzle the shit out of it

Ausernotanumber Wed 28-Sep-16 21:01:29

I had laser treatment for pre cancerous cells. Presumably I should be horrified at lasers fired up my fanjo, or is that different?

Houseofmirth66 Wed 28-Sep-16 21:02:07

Wow! Nothing if not surprising. Definitely prepared to accept that I am being unreasonable and a woman's body is her own to do with as she wishes. I'm just glad I'm not a 16 year old girl again and having one more body part to feel self conscious about.

AntiqueSinger Wed 28-Sep-16 21:02:44

I'd have the full works. For myself. I never appreciated how symetrically perfect down there was until I had DS 1 who tore me. Because they weren't expecting me tovtear, I didn't get an episiotomy thingy where they can at least give you a straight cut. No I got a horrible jagged thing and after stitches the swelling never went back to normal size and shape. So I have a quite lopsided vag. Not improved by ds2. Dh could care less, but it bothers me. It really does.

DerekSprechenZeDick Wed 28-Sep-16 21:03:10

Can honestly say I've never felt self
Conscious about my vaginal area

You can have penis surgery too if it's not pretty enough.

WhateverWillBe Wed 28-Sep-16 21:03:19

Is the only reason to have cosmetic surgery so that it's up to scratch for a bloke? Might she not want to do it for her?

Ausernotanumber Wed 28-Sep-16 21:04:01

My labia being so uneven bothers me. A lot. It's ok with my boyfriend now but it makes first time sex really cringeworthy - esp when he wanted to go down on me (TMI)

nocoolnamesleft Wed 28-Sep-16 21:04:12

According to WHO definitions it would be FGM.
FGM is illegal in the UK.
Some of these clinics are legally skating on slightly thin ice...

Yarboosucks Wed 28-Sep-16 21:04:24

I had a friend who had labia reduction after years of pain and suffering. I have another friend who is currently looking into VR to help with her double prolapse. Maybe someone at work was talking about this as they thought they were in a trusted environment? Seems they were wrong on that count! So YABU….

Then there is the FGM comparison. There you are not only being unreasonable but also unbelievably ignorant!

Ausernotanumber Wed 28-Sep-16 21:04:45

I should add. The issue is all mine. He is not remotely bothered and says I'm gorgeous etc.

Houseofmirth66 Wed 28-Sep-16 21:05:39

And yes - it clearly is different to have a laser treatment due to cancer and a laser treatment because a bloke might think your vulva is too ugly and messy. You're just being provocative with a silly remark like that. Hope it went well of course.

Ausernotanumber Wed 28-Sep-16 21:06:25

I also have a prolapse I'm waiting to be seen about. If they suggest it for that, am I supposed to refuse, in the grounds of my feminist principles?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now