To make DS wear a gag when he goes to visit his dad?

(20 Posts)
redisthenewblack Wed 28-Sep-16 07:56:45

I'll set the scene...

Divorced from DCs dad. We have a very strained relationship. DCs are DS(3) and DTs(1). DS likes to watch Ryan's Toy Review on YouTube. Ryan has recently uploaded a video introducing his new baby twin sisters, Kate and Emma.

Well....last night, during his over night stay with ExH, DS decided to tell daddy that mummy has 2 baby girls in her tummy, we're going to call them Kate and Emma, and we need to move to a bigger house because there's no room here for all those children. shockgrin

ExH has got himself in a right strop over it. So this morning I've had to have an extremely awkward and utterly hilarious conversation with ExH, explaining to him that I AM NOT PREGNANT! (Apparently, the detail that DS went into was quite convincing as ExH still doesn't believe me!)

So, AIBU to make DS wear a gag when he goes to his dad's? Or at least BAN him from speaking altogether? grin

<lighthearted disclaimer>

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Wed 28-Sep-16 08:03:06

Oh dear, that's hilarious!! grin

DON'T make him wear a gag, you must faithfully report all such happenings to Mumsnet for our entertainment!

ShebaShimmyShake Wed 28-Sep-16 08:03:35

What business is it of his if you were?

Slave2thecat Wed 28-Sep-16 08:06:35

DSD used to do that all the time between families. Your ex will get used to it..... We all do but it's always a shock the first few times the fantasys are told....

The number of times we've been told that mummies pregnant, moving to Mars, buying a puppy, dating a man who is deaf....

LadyConstanceDeCoverlet Wed 28-Sep-16 08:16:50

Look at it this way, if DS keeps telling ex convincing stories about fantasies, exH will stop believing him, which will mean you have less to worry about in case DS tells his dad the truth about something you don't want him to know.

trafalgargal Wed 28-Sep-16 08:46:38

Why is he in a strop?
It's not actually his business surely?
Must admit I'd have howled with laugher and told him not to be so daft.

Lynnm63 Wed 28-Sep-16 08:47:43

My ds1 aged around 5 drew a picture showing mummy, daddy, twins, dog and car. Something was in the boot. Teacher asked where he was in the picture. He pointed to the boot of the car. When asked to elaborate he proceeded to tell his teacher in great depth that he was put in the boot of the car.
It was an interesting conversation at home time 😳. He had never been put in the car boot, even in jest. We had a long conversation about the difference between stories and real life.

scarednoob Wed 28-Sep-16 09:07:29

when my DM was about 5, she came home from school and told my grandmother that the teacher had said her hair always looked messy and that she wasn't very well looked after.

at that age my DM had short curly hair (because my grandma's Victorian mother had made her have long ringlets and she hated them!), so there wasn't much to be messy. my grandmother worried herself sick over it for a week, and also thought the teacher extremely rude.

yeah, DM had made the whole thing up, the teacher had said no such thing.

your DS clearly has a great imagination grin

redisthenewblack Wed 28-Sep-16 09:13:51

Lady hadn't looked at it that way. Very good point.

Lynn that's so funny. I once had a conversation with my little sister about not needing to sit on her booster seat 'when she got put in the boot of a car'. She's also never been put in the boot!

Scared your poor GM. Very funny though.

Trafalgar he likes to be in a strop. He's only happy when he's miserable. To be honest I really struggled not to laugh in his face. I did have a good old chuckle when he left though!

t4nut Wed 28-Sep-16 09:17:11

No gag - much more fun to feed you DS false information to wind him up!

Mummydummy Wed 28-Sep-16 09:24:39

Should've laughed and said its triplets actually.

I'd be thinking of giving DS some interesting fibs to share...

paxillin Wed 28-Sep-16 09:28:16

Yes, feed false information. Tell your ds you are looking into getting a couple of goats for pets, to live in the bedroom. Tell him mummy is very very special friends with the postman and has bought lots of black rubber fashion to wear as pyjamas. Tell him you might marry the dinner lady from his nursery. You are adopting 2 teenagers. See how far you could take it.

redisthenewblack Wed 28-Sep-16 09:32:54

Ohhhh I so love this!

Maybe not to black rubber pj's though, his dad would definitely believe that! winkgrin

I'm liking the pet goats, although I think DS would be thoroughly disappointed when we didn't actually get any. He's quite partial to an obscure pet. (Current pets include stick insects, snails, triops and a moth hmm)

AdoraBell Wed 28-Sep-16 09:41:59

grin defo feed misinformation and report back.

trafalgargal Wed 28-Sep-16 09:42:09

Going on holidays a long long way away to see Llamas Ex will think you're emigrating to South America rather than visiting a Llama farm over here.

ample Wed 28-Sep-16 10:00:46

grin at your DS's revelations
hmm at your ex having a strop.

YANBU but at least you got your day off to a hilarious start

Thinkingblonde Wed 28-Sep-16 10:02:16

One of my daughters primary school teachers asked me when my new baby was due...I wasn't pregnant and had no intention to be ever again. Apparently we were growing a new baby in mummy's tummy, we'd been to buy all of the bits for the baby, teacher asked what bits did we need for it, daughter replied I don't know but we have to go to Asda to buy them.

Teacher was due to retire and was a Miss and always had been a MIss, I knew she had a daughter though. She went on to tell me that her daughter had told her school chaplain that she had four brothers which caused a bit of a furore. Teacher was called before the head and asked to explain herself!
Teacher was an unmarried mother and when she fell pregnant with her daughter she had to go before some committee or other to keep her job with her being a teacher and unmarried. She was allowed to continue to teach which was a good thing as she was an excellent one.

BlackeyedSusan Wed 28-Sep-16 10:11:11

dd told the speech therapist that she had 17 brothers. I guess one autistic brother does feel like 17 sometimes... but even so. thankfully She went on to say she had 84 sisters...

Roseformeplease Wed 28-Sep-16 10:16:59

A friend (who is a teacher) was telling an old university friend (a psychiatrist) about her son. Her son had told people he owned and managed a pub, was getting married (he was 8) and that his mother was leaving his dad. She told her friend all this. Friend didn't realise it was her son and assumed it was a pupil. Advised her to seek psychiatric help for the boy immediately as he was in grave danger and had severe mental health issues.

We laughed a lot when she told him it was her son and he was just imaginative. The psychiatrist was very flustered....

paxillin Wed 28-Sep-16 11:00:02

I know a 6 year old who tells the world she has a 14 year old sister who was abandoned by her mum in her home country. I know the mum, there is no sister. The home country is made up, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now