Talk

Advanced search

to think what the eff?!

(6 Posts)
WhatTheEff Wed 28-Sep-16 00:42:45

My friend likes to "joke" that he is gay. I suspect he is, and one night when we were younger, a decade ago, he even told me he might be bisexual. Anyway he jokes about homosexuality, how I'd have Chris Hemsworth and he will have Liam, etc. Silly things.

So I was joking about it, and he got pissed off and asked me about my sex life with my husband. He knows it's a sore topic. I asked him, why do you want to know?

He said, he's you're joking about my sexuality, then we can talk about your sex life.

I told him, you're the one who start joking about sexuality. If you do not want us (me and another friend) to go with the joke, then stop joking about it. I never joked about my sex life so it's not the same thing.

We have been friends since we were teenagers, so 2 decades of friendship, and we know a lot about each other.

e1y1 Wed 28-Sep-16 02:36:32

Sounds like you have dealt with it, in saying that to him that if he doesn't want you going along with the joke, then he doesn't make the joke.

You don't have to talk about your private sex life regardless of him making a joke or not.

He may be gay/bisexual, it may be an attention thing; not in good taste in any case.

RestlessTraveller Wed 28-Sep-16 09:31:01

Of course you don't have to talk to him about your sex life! Maybe the next tine he talks about his steer the question on yo sonethibg else then there's no feelings of reciprocity.

One more thing. Back off bitch, Chris is mine!

WhatTheEff Wed 28-Sep-16 13:16:28

I don't know - one minute he's initiating jokes about his sexuality then another minute he's highly sensitive!

And Chris is mine!

TaterTots Wed 28-Sep-16 13:54:22

Perhaps he senses you've seen through the 'joke'. Deep down here probably wants to be honest, hence talking about it in a playful way - but suddenly it seems a bit too real.

WhatTheEff Wed 28-Sep-16 20:45:58

TaterTots - yeah I guess that's what happened too. Maybe he's really in that confused stage of his life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now