Advanced search

Consent order query

(3 Posts)
gardenangels Tue 27-Sep-16 20:55:39

Can a consent order that says sell the house have an alternative clause in case house can't sell?

Anyone had this? Could you give me an idea of various alternatives that have been pit into consent orders if house does not sell?

Cabrinha Tue 27-Sep-16 21:49:21

Is there a reason why it wouldn't sell?
e.g. Subsidence?
Most houses will sell if priced correctly, surely?

One alternative is that the person staying in the house buys the other one out by other means. My legal charge on my old house is triggered by sale, but actually my XH plans to stay in it, so the alternative is that he buys me out. He'll do that by remortgaging, and a timescale is stated in the consent order.

Cabrinha Tue 27-Sep-16 21:51:55

Another alternative is to try to avoid property sale altogether - e.g. by one party keeping the house, the other taking other assets like their pension if it is greater.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now