Talk

Advanced search

To think that the Lad Bible ....

(12 Posts)
girlinacoma Mon 26-Sep-16 17:51:28

Should not be celebrating and promoting dangerous fucking driving?

Particularly given that 37% of all young drivers will be involved in a car crash by the time they reach their 23rd birthday (pretty much their target audience).

Have reported to Facebook who unsurprisingly don't care and have also messaged the page but really doubt there will be a response angry

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Mon 26-Sep-16 17:54:21

Why are you posting a link to give them more traffic then?

Unfollow the page.

MrHannahSnell Mon 26-Sep-16 17:56:33

biscuit

witsender Mon 26-Sep-16 17:57:22

Yup, it is a bonkers idea.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Mon 26-Sep-16 18:00:44

And if someone is twattish enough to be influenced by something like that, then I'm sure there are plenty of places to find that kind of stuff

girlinacoma Mon 26-Sep-16 18:31:53

Thats your best contribution Livia? You have no opinion either way on the social responsibility (or otherwise) of a page with over 16 million 'fans'?

Nothing to say about the shocking statistics of young drivers? At least 6000 'twats' thought it was hilarious angry

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Mon 26-Sep-16 18:40:30

So do you think that people are perfectly responsible until they see something like that? Young drivers have always been overwhelmingly more likely to be in accidents etc, if you think that social media is responsible then that's a very simplistic view.

And what about MrHannahSnell's contribution? Do you have an issue with that too?

wasonthelist Mon 26-Sep-16 18:48:13

In a way, the more publicity those two wankers get, the better. With a bit of luck they will get at least spoken to by the Police.

Haven't seen a single comment on the FB post in their favour (although I didn't spend hours looking).

Usernameinvalid16 Mon 26-Sep-16 18:50:16

Tbh the amount of people that use their mobile phone whilst driving is shocking! I see a lot of people doing it everyday.

lightcola Mon 26-Sep-16 18:51:44

My partner stopped following the page and reported it because of that post.

girlinacoma Mon 26-Sep-16 18:55:17

wasonthelist

If you order the comments in order of 'most popular' then you'll see quite a few people have been very critical and received a mixture of support and hate for their opinions.

If you order the comment by 'most recent' first then there are depressingly loads that think it's bloody hilarious.

The drivers themselves will (hopefully) be dealt with if they get recognised - just don't understand how a page such TLB thinks it's an acceptable post.

girlinacoma Mon 26-Sep-16 18:59:09

Us too lightcola

My son spotted it when a friend of his shared it on to his page.

This is the same friend that attended the funeral of a mutual college friend last January. He was texting on his mobile phone when he lost control on a wet surface and died at the scene at the age of 19.

I think people just see stuff like this and think 'lol' and share it without thinking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now