Talk

Advanced search

aibu to try and get some outside help with the situation between me, ds1 and ex'd'p?

(3 Posts)
glasshouses88 Mon 26-Sep-16 14:49:17

Hi everyone,
Me and exp have been separated since ds1 was 9 months old, he is now 6. Exp sees ds1 every other weekend. I am a single parent to ds1 and ds2 (1yo) and in my 4th year at uni.
My exp hates me. He's aggressive towards me and always has something bad to say about me whenever he drops ds1 at home. He's seem very bitter and I believe it is affecting his ability to parent , or indeed parent with me. Everything I do is wrong , I'm failing , I'm not strict enough, I'm damaging, I shouldn't do stuff. I believe he is now saying things, maybe not directly , about me to ds1.
I would really like some outside help, family mediation maybe , I've even thought about phoning social services. I'm so desperate for us to be even roughly on the same page because the person suffering will be ds1. But I'm not sure where is the best place to turn? I feel powerless and I'm so worried about ds1.
Thank you

justilou Mon 26-Sep-16 17:07:18

Do it!!!! Do it before irreparable damage is done to your child.

glasshouses88 Mon 26-Sep-16 18:06:01

I want to just but I'm not sure how to go about it, I don't think I can force it upon him, and I very much doubt he'll want me to involve anyone. I've just spoken to ds1 teacher and mentioned family mediation, I'm hoping she might be able to point me in a direction

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now