To warn a friend to be careful on the roads?

(8 Posts)
AgeingArtemis Mon 26-Sep-16 09:11:46

Last night I had a horrible dream that a good friend of mine was killed in an accident. I was obviously distraught in the dream, and very relieved when I woke up!

AIBU to consider facebook messaging him to cycle safely? (He doesn't have a car so he cycles,fast, to work)

I am aware that I am completely bonkers grin and no, I don't believe in premonitory dreams, but on the microscopic chance that he DID get hit by a car I would NEVER forgive myself for not telling him to be careful.

Oysterbabe Mon 26-Sep-16 09:13:09

It won't cause any harm and will make you feel better so do it.

NewPotatoes Mon 26-Sep-16 09:18:23

Unless he regularly unicycles along the M25 in a blindfold, I'd assume he is usually careful and will just think you are turning into some kind of hand-wringing prophetess of doom.

AgeingArtemis Mon 26-Sep-16 09:27:52

haha yes potatoes that's exactly what I'm scared of lol grin
I think I'll leave it...

It's worth saying though that although none of us have been seriously injured (because residential roads so cars not going too fast), 3 of my friends who cycle (including him, actually!) have been hit by a car in the last year!

RedHelenB Mon 26-Sep-16 09:56:04

YABU. I had a dream about dd2 dancing, after I woke uptook me a few minutes to realise she doesn't actually do that category of dancing!

Greendress123 Mon 26-Sep-16 09:57:50

Yanbu. My sister sent me a message yesterday to check I was ok after a dream she had had. I am, but I appreciated the gesture.

NewPotatoes Mon 26-Sep-16 09:59:55

Oh, well, I can see why it's invading your dreams - tell him then!

LikeDylanInTheMovies Mon 26-Sep-16 10:08:31

I'd say he'd just think you were certifiable! wink

And what's the point of saying 'ride carefully' I pressume he rides in what he thinks is a careful manner everyday. Is he going to say 'cor thanks op, I was going to ride on the wrong side of the road non-handed whilst as pissed as a fart before I heard a out your dream, you've saved me.'

In the unlikely event he believes in this sort of woo, it could be more dangerous, what can he do? Take a day off work on the basis of your dream? It will just play on his mind and make him hesitant and worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now