Talk

Advanced search

Insure4Retirement home insurance - Any feedback?

(4 Posts)
GarlicMist Sun 25-Sep-16 20:24:17

Sorry it's not a real AIBU, but my aged mother wants me to find this out by 9pm shock

Her home's hard to insure due to its unusual structure. She's with Saga, who are utterly brilliant but expensive. Insure4Retirement has offered to match their cover for less.

It's a real company, American owned, but I've never heard of them and can't find enough reviews online. Do you know anybody who's claimed from them?

Cheers.

Fluffyears Sun 25-Sep-16 20:46:56

If you can't research them properly says may be better if more expensive.

CatsMother66 Sun 25-Sep-16 20:54:16

My parents were with this firm for a couple of years. My dad died and I took over the renewals. Saga were cheaper for the same cover so I changed to them. Can't give you any info about the other company but can say Saga were very good and helpful when sorting out my dad's business and when renewing the house insurance on behalf of my mum.

GarlicMist Sun 25-Sep-16 21:08:58

Wow, Saga was cheaper? Good info, thanks.

I've told her I'm buying a Which? trial subscription, in case they have anything on it, and will ring her back tomorrow. In the morning, I've suggested she phone Saga and ask them to match the cheaper quote.

I can see where I get my tendency to do everything last minute. Her policy expires Tuesday grin

I really will be grateful for any more experiences!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now