Talk

Advanced search

to not care when famous people get divorced.

(19 Posts)
DesolateWaist Sun 25-Sep-16 12:20:26

Honestly, why should I care?
I understand that other people do but then surely they can read about it in the magazines that cover such things.
Why is it on actual news.

FurryLittleTwerp Sun 25-Sep-16 12:23:18

agree - boring as fuck & not proper news

Revealall Sun 25-Sep-16 12:26:30

No idea why but I was sad at Zoe Ball and Norman splitting.
Perhaps it's more that, even with money, glamour and to die for jobs people can't make a marriage work. You always imagine you could throw a bit more at it in their position.

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sun 25-Sep-16 12:28:45

No, I don't either.

I take celebrity marriages with a pinch of salt anyway. I suspect a lot of celeb relationships are fake and done for publicity.

I treat it the way I would a soap opera.

toolonglurking Sun 25-Sep-16 12:28:52

I think less of people who care about shit like this. They act like they know the people involved, they are as bad as the ones who watch TOWIE and Made in Chelsea et al and believe its true.
Idiots

meridithssister Sun 25-Sep-16 12:29:26

I feel for the teenage children who get caught up in all the hype. Bad enough for them that their parents are splitting up without a baying crowd wanting all the gory detail.

NuggetofPurestGreen Sun 25-Sep-16 12:30:40

I'm worse i get upset when fictional characters split up smile

ButtMuncher Sun 25-Sep-16 12:30:58

Couldn't give a toss. The Brad/Angelina stuff on the news makes me seriously apathetic toward society if we count that as "newsworthy". It's sad for the people involved and the children, but I have no idea why on earth it's any of our business and/or why we would care enough to have it plastered across news channels/papers.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 25-Sep-16 12:32:20

Neither do I. I've got enough worries of my own.

bibbitybobbityyhat Sun 25-Sep-16 12:33:05

Do you mean you don't care or do you mean you find it frustrating that it makes the news?

I'll give a care to anyone having a hard time, tbh, famous or not.

DesolateWaist Sun 25-Sep-16 13:07:56

I don't care that two people I have never met are no longer going to be married. If I felt bad for everyone having a hard time in life it would never end.

I thought it was utterly ridiculous that Brad and Angelina's divorce made the radio 4 news.

BarbaraofSeville Sun 25-Sep-16 13:11:32

I don't care either and don't think it should be news. It's no-one's business except theirs and there are far more important things happening in the world in the unlikely event that they are struggling to fill news slots.

I thought Zoe Ball and Norman Cook had split up years ago anyway. It's certainly not the first time I've seen it reported about them.

ForalltheSaints Sun 25-Sep-16 13:30:26

I care that the children suffer as little as possible, or if there has been domestic violence that the perpetrator end up in court.

nursepearl Sun 25-Sep-16 13:41:51

YANBU I definitely do not think that celebrity divorces are news worthy. It makes me sad that you have a news piece about brangelina which comes above a baby being saved alive from a bomb wreckage in Syria. The priorities are all wrong.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 25-Sep-16 13:52:17

I couldn't give two monkeys about well known couples splitting up, the way the Brange story has dominated the headlines beggars
belief.

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Sun 25-Sep-16 15:13:55

I was standing in the queue at the supermarket today, in front of all the newspapers so I was idly looking at the covers. It occurred to me that I barely knew (or cared) who all these "celebrites" are. It's like a family of four have got off a plane in Canada. So what? Just because they are related to the Queen doesn't make it newsworthy for goodness sake.

I'm far too old for all this society nonsense.

Forgetmenotblue Sun 25-Sep-16 15:17:21

Agree with you all. Couldn't care less and don't know who many of them are anyway.

Utterly sickening when news programmes put this kind of stuff above Aleppo. It's shameful.

Bobochic Sun 25-Sep-16 15:23:34

Marriage and divorce are not newsworthy unless in exceptional circumstances.

LizzieMacQueen Mon 26-Sep-16 09:32:02

I was searching to see if there was a thread about Zoe Ball's marriage (just to see what my fellow MNers were thinking) and one that came up was 13 years old, so not exactly news. Why was the more recent thread deleted do you know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now