To ask what your favourite Sunday lunch is?

(36 Posts)
MoonStar07 Sun 25-Sep-16 09:03:51

I know I'm not lol!! My favourite is between two from different countries ... Firstly I of course love rare juicy beef and all the trimmings!!! Secondly I also love a traditional Indian Sunday lunch of maybe 2-3 different curries rice and chappatis and special spiced yogurt! So what's yours?! Inspire...

Mermaid36 Sun 25-Sep-16 09:05:56

At the moment, with baby twins, it's anything I haven’t needed to cook myself!

Generally though, a proper roast beef dinner with loads of veg and Yorkshire puddings and crispy roast potatoes salivates

SabineUndine Sun 25-Sep-16 09:06:57

Roast beef and Yorkshires!

wobblywonderwoman Sun 25-Sep-16 09:07:43

Turkey and ham with stuffing is my absolute favourite but most Sundays we have sirloin steak and chips as I just get to Sunday and can't be doing with all the faff

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 25-Sep-16 09:11:19

Rare roast beef, Yorkshire puddings, sprouts , english mustard and all of the veg.

My absolute favourite!

UnicornPee Sun 25-Sep-16 09:12:21

Lamb, mash, roasts, yorkies, carrots, cabbage, gravy.
Mmmmmmmm

UnicornPee Sun 25-Sep-16 09:12:54

And yes YABU coz now I'm craving one....

Hoppinggreen Sun 25-Sep-16 09:15:17

In winter roast lamb, dauphinois potatoes and red cabbage
In summer herby roast chicken, mini roast taties and salad

guineapig1 Sun 25-Sep-16 09:16:02

My absolute favourite is roast lamb spiked with rosemary and garlic, gravy, mint jelly, roasties, apricot stuffing and loads of veg.

Also love rare roast beef dinner with roasties, yorkshire puds and cauli cheese or a chicken dinner with proper stuffing and bread sauce etc. Like all kinds of roasts really!

A slightly different but delicious variation that my sil often makes for sunday lunch is a roasted gammon joint with a kind of juicy pineapple sauce served with roasties and maple syrup glazed veg and pineapple. Sounds revolting but is lovely!

LikeDylanInTheMovies Sun 25-Sep-16 09:29:11

After 18 years of my mother's boiled to within an inch of its life and chewier than an old wellie Sunday dinners, I'm delighted to say I've not eaten one since I moved out of her house 18 years ago.

I still get a pang of relief every Sunday that I won't have to eat that muck ever again.

MoonStar07 Sun 25-Sep-16 09:34:09

Lamb.... Yum

EreniTheFrog Sun 25-Sep-16 09:36:08

Even after years of being veggie, I still miss roast beef and all the trimmings! These days we're usually rushing between church and afternoon activities, so I have a big pot of homemade soup ready to serve with some fresh bread and naice cheese. Not the same..

phillipp Sun 25-Sep-16 09:36:32

Roast lamb and roast potatoes!

But we do alternate it with something Greek as the kids and dh love a Greek feast.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sun 25-Sep-16 09:37:49

Crusty bread, salad, cheese, cold meat, pickles. We never have a cooked meal at lunchtime.

chibsortig Sun 25-Sep-16 09:38:11

Preferably one I don't have to cook myself.
It's got to be rare roast beef, yorkshire puddings, mash, veg and a decent gravy.

MsJamieFraser Sun 25-Sep-16 09:40:22

Roasted pork, with cracklings and must have yourkshire puds and cauli cheese

witsender Sun 25-Sep-16 09:40:30

Rare beef with the trimmings. Sadly I have yet to eat a roast out as good as the one we do ourselves, so Sunday roast is a tradition here.

MermaidTears Sun 25-Sep-16 09:44:15

I'm veggie so I have a nut roast or something, with roast potatoes, swede carrot mash, stuffing, cauliflower cheese, red cabbage, all the veggies & of course Yorkshire's smothered in red onion gravy.

Mmmmmm I'm starving already.

All the better if it's with all the family round the table with a bottle of red wine.

mummytofourbabies Sun 25-Sep-16 09:44:40

Unicornpee your name just made me properly laugh, gringringrin I have a ridiculous sense of humour clearly, but loving that name

Mines is roast chicken, stuffing, yorkshires, veg, roasters and mash! Oh yum!

BoyFromTheBigBadCity Sun 25-Sep-16 09:45:38

Lamb or pork.

Or, for a treat, duck, with wine gravy, braised red cabbage with a bit of apple in, roast shallots and roasties.

pollyblack Sun 25-Sep-16 09:47:26

We don't really have anything special for Sunday lunch, soup or something. We sometimes have a roast for tea, my favourite is roast pork with roast potatoes, cabbage and apple sauce. Usually we have a barbecue though.

CakeNinja Sun 25-Sep-16 09:51:56

We have our main meal in the evening on a Sunday, not lunchtime. Roast beef, yorkshires, Parmesan parsnips, chard gratin, roast potatoes, maybe another veg, lots and lots of proper bone marrow gravy 😋

DontOpenDeadInside Sun 25-Sep-16 09:54:29

Roast pork loin with Crackling. Mash, roasties, stuffing , yorkies and as many veg as I can be arsed to peel/chop. Unfortunately I've got chicken for todays dinner sad

justilou Sun 25-Sep-16 09:54:48

Mine is late breakfast because everyone's slept in. (And a total fantasy)

roseteapot101 Sun 25-Sep-16 09:58:38

leg of lamb in the slow cooker the meat is so tender it falls off the bone. Delicious with crispy roasties and steamed sprouts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now