Talk

Advanced search

To make as much fucking noise as possible

(49 Posts)
lastqueenofscotland Sun 25-Sep-16 00:46:34

When I have to get up tomorrow at 7am

My neighbours are having a party and the bass from their music is shaking my wardrobe shock

Our council has cut its emergency noise response service, so there is nothing I can do, we do have an ongoing complaint about them.

Before anyone suggests it I am not going round there. They are not nice people and I imagine would turn it up.

I'm up at 7 tomorrow, would I be unreasonable to open all the windows, turn the radio on and make stupid amounts of noise getting ready?!

Or to just put a brick through their window...

coolaschmoola Sun 25-Sep-16 00:48:06

Hoover the bedrooms. Vigorously. Making sure you do the edges fully by ramming the hoover into the skirting.

lastqueenofscotland Sun 25-Sep-16 00:48:48

I had that on my list of things to do grin

brasty Sun 25-Sep-16 00:49:44

When this happened to us when I was a kid, my dad knocked on the neighbours door at 7am, until they finally answered, and complained about the noise from the night before.

justilou Sun 25-Sep-16 00:51:08

Opera.... nothing quite like the soothing strains of a shrieking soprano to ail someone with a hangover.

SissySpacekAteMyHamster Sun 25-Sep-16 00:51:11

Yes be as noisy as you like. Make sure you wake them up.

elephantoverthehill Sun 25-Sep-16 00:55:13

Find a cockerel sound on you tube and play it on a loop while you have your morning shower.

elephantoverthehill Sun 25-Sep-16 00:57:05

Or better still a peacock

Dreamfoil Sun 25-Sep-16 00:59:54

Oh, you have my sympathy OP.

Do it, do it, do it, do it.

Hoover (bashing doors), mow the lawn, put shite bassy music on and get windchimes if they sleep on the other side of the house to you.

I've never understood the, "have a friendly word" notion. If someone is acting like an utter cunt, it stands to reason that they are an utter cunt who isn't going to be approachable confused

JustHereForThePooStories Sun 25-Sep-16 01:01:32

Do you live alone? Wouldn't it be awful if you played something with a very heavy bass through a speaker pointed at an adjoining wall and forgot to switch it off before you left for work?

woodly2013 Sun 25-Sep-16 01:07:19

Search dogs barking on you tube. Load it on the tv. Turn up the volume and enjoy your day out.

QueenLizIII Sun 25-Sep-16 01:08:13

Opera.... nothing quite like the soothing strains of a shrieking soprano to ail someone with a hangover.

Oh yeah.

Go for the Queen of the Night Aria from the Magic Flute.

Some bloody high notes there.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Sun 25-Sep-16 01:15:04

I've just called the police on the stripped floorboard party going idiots above me. They wouldn't open the door when I buzzed so what option was I left with? <insert sad face>

Police came out and broke their little party up.

I personally recommend getting yourself something like Revenge CD, OP. Full of a cacophony of household noise recordings - drilling, party noise, heels on laminate, dishes crashing, couple having sex etc, etc.

Point subwoofers at ceiling early next morning, et voila!

Bloopbleep Sun 25-Sep-16 01:20:17

Play a cd of tambourine & guitar accompanied Hymns at 7am - get your own tambourine & play along...

HerFaceIsAMapOfTheWorld Sun 25-Sep-16 01:21:49

from my experience the "friendly word" does not work with 99% of people so yeah fire with fire

elephantoverthehill Sun 25-Sep-16 01:26:39

Go for Kum ba yah

ShmooBooMoo Sun 25-Sep-16 01:26:41

I had something similar years ago (drilling at 7.30am on a Sunday morning). I put two different cds (Lenny Kravitz and Led Zeppelin) on at once, full blast and went out.

Dreamfoil Sun 25-Sep-16 01:27:52

Hymns and tambourine grin

NotInGuatemalaNowDrRopata Sun 25-Sep-16 01:35:29

All lovely suggestions, but I think a kid with a recorder is all you really need.

Charlesroi Sun 25-Sep-16 01:45:10

Don't you have any shelves or pictures you need putting up in the bedroom? If you have an OH/handy teenager I'm sure they'd be more than happy to get stuck in after you've done the hoovering and gone out.

Panicmode1 Sun 25-Sep-16 01:50:25

I'm silently fuming at my neighbours - he's a "musician" but in his spare time. He's currently playing some godawful Jazz at full volume.

We too are up v early and I have an 8 year old learning the recorder. I think I shall encourage his musical talent over breakfast!!

TyrionLannisterforKing Sun 25-Sep-16 01:51:04

Play the Barney Theme Song. Loop it. Enjoy your day.

Dreamfoil Sun 25-Sep-16 01:58:39

This thread has inspired me to surreptitiously knock into my neighbour's adjoining wall in retaliation for their screaming children out on the trampoline at six a.m on weekends. All it has achieved is my own DC complaining about the noise hmm

DixieWishbone Sun 25-Sep-16 02:10:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kittyjewel Sun 25-Sep-16 02:31:26

Get doing some pretend DIY! Nothing more annoying than someone banging on ur wall/drilling when ur in bed. It's so annoying. A hammer & drill should do the trick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now