Talk

Advanced search

Can we have an unreasonable rants thread?

(43 Posts)
Hassled Sat 24-Sep-16 20:39:33

I made the perfect chocolate cake this afternoon. I'm rubbish at icing but this one was lovely. Raspberry jam in the middle, chocolate ganache and raspberries on top. Think of the perfect chocolate cake and this was it. DS2 dropped it on the kitchen floor - somehow both flipped it upside down and smashed the plate, so it looked like a mound of actual shit with embedded crockery on a not very clean floor. And yes he's Dyspraxic and yes accidents happen and yes he was sorry etc etc but FFS that was one amazing cake, untouched, and why the fuck do I ever bother? I am SEETHING.

Anyone else want to rant in an unreasonable manner?

e1y1 Sat 24-Sep-16 20:43:01

Aw OP that's awful.

Yes accidents happen, but it always seems to be to the things you really really don't want to.

We have just had to rush out to do a bit of shopping, as got a delivery coming in the next hour or so.

So cue a massive row all the way there, in the store and all the way back - put it down to being stressed.

Hassled Sat 24-Sep-16 20:53:32

Thank you - poor lovely cake.

Rushed shopping is always the stuff of unreasonableness. Actually most shopping is - I hate shopping and always end up stropping about something or other.

DeadGood Sat 24-Sep-16 20:56:35

hassled that's so sad! Your poor cake. Rant away, that's not unreasonable!

Here's my rant: sometimes, not that often, but sometimes, I run out of energy, my blood sugar gets low, I need to eat but for whatever reason can't immediately. So, I shut down a bit, get a bit short or snappy, and generally am a bit of a pain the arse. I have learned to deal with this by clamping my mouth shut and saying as little as possible, as otherwise I tend to be unreasonable and say things more abruptly than i should.
But my partner can never, ever leave me alone. He has to ask what's wrong. He won't accept "nothing" or "I'll tell you later" for an answer. So eventually I tell him, or say something in a rude tone, and then an argument ensues.
JUST LEAVE ME ALONE FOR A FEW MINUTES UNTIL I CAN SNAP MYSELF OUT OF IT!

RuggerHug Sat 24-Sep-16 21:00:22

Ah feck I hate when that happens. I still remember about 7,8 years ago making cupcakes for a friends shindig. They were gorg, little jellybeans and dolly mixtures on top. Do you think they survived transport, or do you think I gathered all around to yell 'BEHOLD, MY BAKING PROWESS! ' and unveiled a tin o'mush to all there.angryblush

I was never happier I had taken a photo of how they started. Which I showed everyone with more enthusiasm the more wine I hadblush

mailfuckoff Sat 24-Sep-16 21:04:07

Today my boy has been a little challenging monkey. He is tired and hard work and I love him dearly but today he went to bed without us making friends. Very unreasonable and I'm cross with myself for not being a better mum

thestarryeyedsurprise Sat 24-Sep-16 21:06:44

Mailfuckoff sounds like my day. I just keep thinking tomorrow is a new day flowers

Hassled Sat 24-Sep-16 21:53:29

None of our rants are actually unreasonable at all, I reckon.

Muddlingthroughtoo Sat 24-Sep-16 22:00:24

We live on an unfinished building development. The neighbourhood has our own Facebook page. This is not my rant but many of the neighbours rant about the building noise....on the building site they moved onto confused. Not sure how the builders can finish the development whilst working in slippers, carrying rubber hammers and pushing the lorries (so we don't have the awful engine noises). Totally unreasonable ranting!

HardToDeal Sat 24-Sep-16 22:01:12

Despite the garage checking twice they had the right number for me, they called my ex-H's defunct mobile to tell me my car was ready to pick up after it's MOT, not mine, resulting in me having to walk at top speed in the blazing sunshine across town with two kids, one bawling, to get there before it shut. That was not the happiest 10 minutes of my life.

CheshireChat Sat 24-Sep-16 22:04:40

That one of my neighbours goes out and whistles for his cat. He always does this when I am trying to put DS to sleep.

Also, that the cat uses her litter tray every time I go in that bathroom confused. Weirdo, I thought cats liked privacy.

CheshireChat Sat 24-Sep-16 22:08:29

Second cat is obviously my cat, not my neighbour's, that one just stares at me while I'm in the kitchen.

bettycat81 Sat 24-Sep-16 22:09:26

I was rushing home on the Underground from Victoria to pick up my son this evening and had a big old silent rant in my head about how pointless a station Warren Street is. Only three people got off.... three people.....

Cherrysoup Sat 24-Sep-16 22:18:25

*won't accept "nothing" or "I'll tell you later" for an answer. So eventually I tell him, or say something in a rude tone, and then an argument ensues.
JUST LEAVE ME ALONE FOR A FEW MINUTES UNTIL I CAN SNAP MYSELF OUT OF*

So just tell him 'low blood sugar' although surely he knows this by now and shouldn't hassle you when he sees its happening. Bit weird.

2 things: my DH knows I'm on a health kick, when I do it, it's deadly serious, very healthy food, no treats. He's bought cheesecake, peanut butter ice cream and magnums. Wtaf?! I don't think he's trying to sabotage me, he can eat it all, doesn't bother me, but it's OTT.

A friend texted me at 5.30am to tell me something that wasn't important, could have waited. She knows what time I get up, but decided it was a good time to wake me and the DH up. I just wouldn't dream of doing that! angry

ProfessorPreciseaBug Sat 24-Sep-16 22:22:12

NO YOU CAN'T HAVE A RANT,!!...

.... I'll get my coat.....

TobleroneBoo Sat 24-Sep-16 22:24:32

Some adults having no fucking common sense! No you can't fit 6 adults in a normal car, nor can you fit 6 people and 2 suitcases in a 3 door corsa angryangryso stop trying to encourage people to do it

longdiling Sat 24-Sep-16 22:31:03

I just logged on to Facebook to see pictures of my friends out on the piss. I had no idea they were going out and they never invited me. They never invited me because they knew I was alone with the kids this weekend and couldn't come. But still I am bizarrely and unreasonably put out that I wasn't informed about their plans.

ollieplimsoles Sat 24-Sep-16 22:33:54

I go to pieces when I cant find something, I quickly get angry and start thinking about the time I'm wasting looking for it, that the lost item is lost 'on purpose' and o start blaming everything around me.

Tonight it was the Calpol syringe... Little plastic cunting fuckwad

SoccerMom2016 Sat 24-Sep-16 22:38:47

I went on Facebook earlier and saw photos of my Ds's football team having lunch after today's game. No invite for Ds though! (He's quite upset tbh)

You can shove your "team" up your asses!!!

longdiling Sat 24-Sep-16 22:43:25

Now that's not unreasonable at all Soccermom. Your poor ds.

Poppyred85 Sat 24-Sep-16 22:46:48

Ds taking forever to eat breakfast at the moment. Yes he's only 3.5y and yes iabu but it drives me nuts! So much faffing about, playing with the cutlery, the placement, lolling about and leaning on me while I'm trying to eat mine! Why can't he just sit and eat it straight off instead of arsing about at the start and after every bite/spoonful??

Pearl34 Sat 24-Sep-16 22:52:36

I am very happy when people borrow my things, however I clench inside when someone uses the rubber on one of my pencils. I really need to sort it out..

CheshireChat Sat 24-Sep-16 23:17:32

Pearl34 I used to ban anyone from using the rubber on them. If they didn't like it, well that's unfortunate.

ladymariner Sat 24-Sep-16 23:31:05

soccermom that is most definitely not unreasonable!!

Mine is. I absolutely get the rage when I ring somebody and they're engaged!!! I know, I'm massively totally unreasonable.....but it fucks me off no end!!

Bringmewineandcake Sat 24-Sep-16 23:34:48

I wrote my own thread for my annoying thing - DD's party clashes with another girl's party and it's pissing me off. Why can't her party have been the only one that day, everyone RSVP either yes or no so I can plan properly, and all work out swimmingly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now