Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to ask ..

(16 Posts)
chocolatecakemakesmefat Sat 24-Sep-16 16:38:20

How clean and tidy your house is right now? Just because I'm nosey and should be doing my own housework but cba living room and kitchen were deep cleaned yesterday but the rest of the place looks like squatters have moved in grin

Arfarfanarf Sat 24-Sep-16 16:40:01

my youngest just made a treacle sponge pudding.

The kitchen looks like a bomb went off in there.

Rest of the house is fine.

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Sat 24-Sep-16 16:41:44

Everywhere is messy enough for me to apologise for the mess if someone came over unexpectedly, but clean enough to not really mean it because it gets loads worse than that sometimes.

Frusso Sat 24-Sep-16 16:43:17

i've hoovered to worst bits, mopped my kitchen floor and put a wash load on.and yesterdays tea plates and the breakfast and lunch stuff through the dishwasher, dcs have picked their rubbish up of the living room floor.
that'll do.
there may well be cushions and a blanket on the floor and some paperwork that needs filing, but its not going to happen today.

WussyWat Sat 24-Sep-16 16:44:09

Pretty tidy for a weekend! Had a big clean yesterday and have just kept on top of it today. Some toys out but I wouldn't mind somebody popping in unexpectedly grin that's my test!

Soubriquet Sat 24-Sep-16 16:44:58

I actually don't know

I've locked myself in my bedroom. Got a splitting headache and terrible sinus pain.

So I've taken some painkillers and stuck glee on DVD whilst Dh does everything else.

He usually likes to do a good clean at the weekend anyway. I'll reemerge from my pit of doom when the DC are asleep

Their loud shrill voices sends needles of pain in my head which is why I'm hiding

Princecharlesfirstwife Sat 24-Sep-16 16:46:45

The inside is pretty damn good by my standards. It helps that my messiest DC has just returned to university. The outside on the other hand makes me want to run away screaming. We're having a new roof and the walls rerendered. There's cement, stones, tiles, bits of wood and scaffolding everywhere and I haven't been able to get near the grass for weeks.

Bailey101 Sat 24-Sep-16 16:46:46

I'm in the middle of clearing out a load of closets, so it looks like a bombs hit the place. Once I've made a few trips to the dump and shoved whatever's left back in the cupboards it'll be ok though grin

YorkieDorkie Sat 24-Sep-16 16:47:39

There's baby paraphernalia all over but the house is actually clean. I can handle a bit of mess generally grin.

Moonrocks6 Sat 24-Sep-16 16:48:34

Mine is unusually spotless! Even bleached the grout and deep cleaned the oven. I am trying to get labour going.
It's not usually like this.

Eminybob Sat 24-Sep-16 16:51:16

Right this minute it's pretty clean and tidy. The kitchen floor could do with a sweep but I wouldn't be completely mortified if we had unexpected visitors.
About a week ago it was a different story!

Willow2016 Sat 24-Sep-16 17:22:35

In the middle of attacking the kids bedroom today!
Its huge and a pigsty! Every surface covered in lego, toys and nerf guns and bullets!

Roped kids in and took forever to do their wardrobes and shelves, now have to hoover and dust/wash down.
Eldest 'helped' but have basicaly had to do most of it again as his 'tidy' and mine sort of differ shock

Had to have a break due to stress of repeating myself over and over to both of them smile Have been ruthless and got 2 bags of stuff for rubbish and books for charity shop.

Need to gird the loins and go back up there and get it finished, it still looks like a bomb hit shock

justilou Sat 24-Sep-16 17:38:06

Just told my husband that the only way I would consider having some of his colleagues over for a BBQ tomorrow was if he cleaned the house, did the windows, fixed the toilet seat (what is it with little boys slamming the bloody toilet seat?), weeded both the front and back gardens, picked up the dog crap, got the mould off the garden furniture and picked up all the junk that is sitting on windowsills and every other bloody surface while I went to the supermarket and did the food prep. His solution was to ask about Thursday, so then I WOULD HAVE TIME TO GET THE HOUSE PRESENTABLE. He has been advised that he is never having sex again... (and he can do his and the kids laundry for the foreseeable future also.)

justilou Sat 24-Sep-16 17:38:52

Aaaagh! Wrong post, but it kind of answers your question.... my house is a tip.

chocolatecakemakesmefat Sat 24-Sep-16 17:53:22

I've managed to getoffmyfatlazyarse eventually tidied up the bits and bobs that we're sitting on the counter tops and currently folding up the massive pile of laundry I've been avoiding all week blush

CozyAutumn Sat 24-Sep-16 17:55:54

Not too bad really. Kitchen is clean and tidy, living room has a few toys out and will take 15 minutes to tidy, hoover and polish when the kids have gone to bed. Bathroom is clean, our bedroom is tidy, kids room is a bit of a mess. Washing has all been done and put away. The house has been a lot worse and I feel quite on top of stuff at the moment!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now