Talk

Advanced search

I can clearly never go out of my flat again!

(52 Posts)
Redesul Sat 24-Sep-16 14:08:19

I've stuck on the TV for my son to watch while I have a quick shower, usually he'll sit and watch until I get back (5-10 mins), mid shower, he's come in, flung the window open wide and pulled open the shower curtain, I was on full display and almost screaming, neighbour out in the garden reading looks up to see what all the commotion is all about, only to get an eyeful of all my lady parts on full display for all to see , drastically scrambling to grab the shower certain or a towel blush

I can clearly never go out again :| my son is still in hysterics

Weatherforecaster Sat 24-Sep-16 14:44:56

How old is he? I'd be fuming with him.

Redesul Sat 24-Sep-16 15:02:21

He's 3, he's not done this sort of thing quite like that before. I did give him a telling off

Floggingmolly Sat 24-Sep-16 15:30:23

If he's able to "fling the window" open without you noticing, it could have been a lot worse.

DamsonInDistress Sat 24-Sep-16 15:37:41

What FloggingMolly said, being able to access the window like that is very worrying for a three year old!

Sameoldiggi Sat 24-Sep-16 15:43:24

If you hadn't screamed all would have been well - did you think it was Norman Bates coming in not your toddler?

BeingATwatItsABingThing Sat 24-Sep-16 15:45:50

The OP didn't say she didn't notice him. hmm But yeah, he shouldn't be able to get to the window.

Back the original message of the thread. Nope. I'm afraid that's it now. Solitary confinement for the rest of time. grin

SooBee61 Sat 24-Sep-16 15:46:06

Neighbour probably just as embarrassed as you were. I'd just put it behind you and behave as normal when you see said neighbour! 3 year old being a 3 year old!

followTheyellowbrickRoad Sat 24-Sep-16 15:48:30

Is moving an option lol

BastardGoDarkly Sat 24-Sep-16 15:54:19

Yep, send your resignation letter, get ready to home school, and set up a tesco delivery account grin

Redesul Sat 24-Sep-16 15:56:52

Who is Norman Bates?

Re window situation, he can't get that close to it. Not without me seeing any way. He'd have to climb into the sink and over a bump etc. The window just has a long stay and I had it open a tiny bit , so he lifted it and opened it further.

Floggingmolly Sat 24-Sep-16 15:59:41

What? So you did know he'd opened the window?

PigletJohn Sat 24-Sep-16 16:00:35

"Who is Norman Bates?"

Character in a film who stabbed someone in the shower

(that's the short version)

Laiste Sat 24-Sep-16 16:03:58

What's a long stay on a window?

Sorry I'm confused now grin

Griphook Sat 24-Sep-16 16:06:18

You shouldn't have screamed? You drew attention to yourself

BlackeyedSusan Sat 24-Sep-16 16:08:30

you should be ok as long as you are fully dressed when you go out. neighbour clearly will not remember your face, definitely looking elsewhere. [unhelpful]

Redesul Sat 24-Sep-16 16:08:42

He pulled back the shower curtain and opened the window before I could close the curtain / grab a towel . I knew he was there, he stomps like an elephant . Normally he'll either watch TV or gets in with me, hence the surprise and confusion

Soubriquet Sat 24-Sep-16 16:09:51

Brazen it out

Walk about in the nude outside saying its your birthday and ask if they like your new suit

Redesul Sat 24-Sep-16 16:10:47

laist it's the thing that is on a hinge at the bottom that holds the window in a certain place when you open it

Redesul Sat 24-Sep-16 16:13:33

LOL at the nude outside idea . Never in a million years I'm afraid

PigletJohn Sat 24-Sep-16 16:14:59

Norman Bates is not shown in this clip.

Warning:

Graphic violence is not shown, but is implied.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WtDmbr9xyY

Laiste Sat 24-Sep-16 16:29:11

Ahaa! I've learned something today. Cheers OP grin

Rafflesway Sat 24-Sep-16 16:34:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 24-Sep-16 16:35:01

My son pressed the automatic open button for the toilet door on a busy train.
Several people saw me with knickers round ankles on that day blush.

Admittedly, I won't have to face those people daily grin.

My usual coping mechanism for events like yours are to go into complete denial and tell yourself it never happened.

Redesul Sat 24-Sep-16 16:40:44

You're probably not old rafflesway I just live under a rock :P I'm 27 and my other half still can't get over the fact that I didn't know what Button Moon was

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now