Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to feel so lonely

(11 Posts)
catfan1 Thu 15-Sep-16 23:18:48

Prepared to be told I'm being pathetic. Dh out for 6rh night in a row. Drinks after work. Promises to be home no later than 8. I am still waiting. 4 kids at home. Don't want to be moaning wife but can't pretend not to mind. Tried to explain this morning that I was finding things tough. I work full time too. Hate waiting up every night. Ainu?

SaggyNaggy Thu 15-Sep-16 23:20:32

YANBU

I assume youll be getting your 6 nights out in a row next week?

catfan1 Thu 15-Sep-16 23:39:17

Thanks. Made me smile. Feeling quite down. Like a Middle Aged kill joy nobody would want to spend the evening with.

Queenbean Thu 15-Sep-16 23:40:08

Why is he out so much leaving you to do all the childcare?

Sounds like he's taking the piss

ImperialBlether Thu 15-Sep-16 23:42:52

That's completely out of order. For one thing you're left with all the childcare and for another, what's the bloody point in being married if you don't see each other?

ImperialBlether Thu 15-Sep-16 23:43:58

So where does he go to on these nights out? He was out on Saturday and Sunday nights too? Where was he and who was he with?

Pumpkintopf Fri 16-Sep-16 00:05:30

Yanbu at all. Arrange a night out with your friends perhaps, give him a taste of his own medicine ? Preferably go out before the dinner/ bath/bed routine leaving him to deal with it so he appreciates what you do, alone, every sodding night grin

redshoeblueshoe Fri 16-Sep-16 00:13:39

You are not pathetic. Don't wait up. Tell him tomorrow he is on night shift at home and you are out, even if you just go and visit your mum/sister/friend.
And the same on Saturday.
Stay strong wine

sunnyandrainy Fri 16-Sep-16 00:19:21

Can you give more details? Why out so much? Normal? Do you go out? Sounds really unfair , poor you X

PomBearWithAnOFRS Fri 16-Sep-16 04:28:51

Why do you have to wait up? Go to bed (and leave a blanket and pillow on the couch so he doesn't disturb you)
Him being an arse shouldn't make you miss sleep.
And everything he says from now on, snort and say "yeah right, like you were going to be home by eight???" and do a hmm face.
And definitely arrange to go somewhere at night soon, even if you end up in the cinema all alone watching crap - leave 15 mins after he gets in and don't go home until midnight!

RebootYourEngine Fri 16-Sep-16 04:39:44

I agree, go out and make him watch the kids. Make sure you are home as late as possible.

Saying to him that you are struggling and need him home does not make you a moaning wife.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now