AIBU to want the extermination of all wasps

(20 Posts)
LunaLoveg00d Thu 15-Sep-16 14:09:25

Just walking home in the lovely sunshine eating a sandwich (M&S chicken and avocado, if you're interested) and a FECKING WASP landed on my sandwich and before I noticed it was in my mouth.

The stupid thing stung the inside of my lip and I now look like a D-list celeb who has had dodgy fillers.

Kill the lot of them. Evil, evil creatures.

BarbarianMum Thu 15-Sep-16 14:22:47

You tried to eat it, that counts as self defense!

Seriously though, YABU. Wasps play a number of very important ecological roles and are part of nature's great balance (when not pissing around annoying and stinging people trying to eat out doors).

It and its kin will nearly all be dead soon, if that makes you feel any better.

LunaLoveg00d Thu 15-Sep-16 14:24:13

It shouldn't have landed on my sandwich in the first place!!

There are wasps EVERYWHERE at the moment. Let's hope for a severe frost tonight to kill them.

BarbarianMum Thu 15-Sep-16 14:28:47

Yeah, it's wasp week. Re; the sandwich I don't think wasps are great respectors of private property - I'm sure they'd happily share their diet of dead insects with you though.

Tanith Thu 15-Sep-16 14:31:12

I used to think that wasps were just a nuisance - couldn't see the point of them.

Then I discovered they kill horseflies. They have amply justified their existance for that alone!

queenc81 Thu 15-Sep-16 14:31:12

I hate wasps! Had a fight with one and smashed my new phone in the process. Can we call an exterminator to get rid of them all? wink

WanderingTrolley1 Thu 15-Sep-16 14:33:00

They are evil creatures who cause pain for fun.

YANBU!!

ProudAS Thu 15-Sep-16 15:05:24

YANBU - let's eliminate hornets and horseflies as well. They scare me.

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 15-Sep-16 15:12:39

YANBU!
Im massively allergic to wasp stings.....found that out when one of the cunts flew down my tshirt when I was 7. Cue getting blue-lighted to the hospital hmm I'm not the biggest fan of bees either, but at least they do a pleasant job!!
The photo pretty much sums it up for me.
Evil bastards.

wasonthelist Thu 15-Sep-16 15:15:59

YABVVU Wasps are pollinators and they eat flies and other insects. I have a Wasps nest in my loft this year and I've been releasing the (few) wasps that have made it into the house back outside by various means. I used to think they were annoying and useless, but apparently they aren't.

GipsyDanger Thu 15-Sep-16 15:18:22

I'm with you OP, extermite the bastards. They have no use apart from to sting you with their arse daggers.

petitfromage Thu 15-Sep-16 15:20:47

Just spent £40 on wasp exterminators as have our annual nest in a different part of the house. Hate the little buggers. Couldn't care less what they do to the ecosystem, they're evil little shits. I react really badly to stings and I swear to god they can tell.

Mother nature would find a work around if we got rid of them. Let's give it a go and see what she does....

Sandsnake Thu 15-Sep-16 15:24:09

I fucking hate them, and I'm not scared of much. I especially hate these desperate 'I'm going to die soon so fuck it, I'm stinging everything' September wasps. YANBU.

Buzzardbird Thu 15-Sep-16 15:25:51

Well without wasps there would be the end of civilisation, but I feel your pain. Ouch!

icingonthewall Thu 15-Sep-16 15:27:50

ouch.
but really, for the grief they cause, let's get rid of cars first.

missyB1 Thu 15-Sep-16 15:30:20

Hate them too, I react badly to wasp stings and they seem to know that and deliberately target me - the little shits!
Last week my sons class went to forest school and were all attacked by wasps one poor kid had six stings over his face, scalp, and hands. Another kid had five stings on his face, various others were also stung. It was like a horror film apparently and the teachers got stung trying to get the kids out of there. Bloody nightmare!

WildwestWind Thu 15-Sep-16 15:30:44

Had the wasp man around last week to get rid of a nest in our loft and one flew down into my bedroom and stung me twice on the nose. Not a pretty sight so you have my sympathy OP.

LunaLoveg00d Thu 15-Sep-16 15:57:13

Trying to take positives out of this. Got Piriton quickly so swelling has subsided a bit. Taking comfort in the fact that I stamped the evil thing to death after it stung me, plus one of its pals who came to see what the fuss was about.

Topseyt Thu 15-Sep-16 16:10:20

Wasps are spawn of Satan. They should be banned.

OhSoggyBiscuit Thu 15-Sep-16 16:41:49

I'm terrified of wasps, I stomped on one and panicked that its friends were going to come to get me sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now