Talk

Advanced search

To wish people would leave me alone and stop asking me for stuff

(14 Posts)
Beeswax2017 Wed 14-Sep-16 12:47:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SixtiesChildOfWildBlueSkies Wed 14-Sep-16 13:06:04

I remember the thread you started re your Aunt wanting £40, 000, even though you've just lost your mum. I was, and still am disgusted at her behaviour.

Keep your phone on answercall - Just because a bell rings doen't mean you are a slave to it's call.
Ignore any social media you may be on except mumsnet of course
Do things in your own time. If people want photos they can damm well wait as they just shouldn't be asking for anything at this time.

They're making it all about them , when they should be looking after you.
]flowers] and (((big hugs))) for you.

Only1scoop Wed 14-Sep-16 13:10:24

Divert and ignore

It's time you had some breathing space

MidnightVelvettheSixth Wed 14-Sep-16 13:15:26

I'm sorry for your loss.

I didn't see the previous thread about your aunt but from my experience when I lost my mum, if she keeps harassing you then lose your shit & let it all out & tell her to go away! Any unreasonableness can be put down to grief & you may find that other people think she is inappropriate too particularly as she is upsetting you at such a time.

A phone ringing is a request not a demand.

brew for you, it gets easier flowers

OutragedofLondon Wed 14-Sep-16 13:22:23

Tell your aunt to get lost. I remember one of your previous threads about the house and I'm not sure why your aunt would be entitled to anything?

Willow2016 Wed 14-Sep-16 13:35:50

Havent read your previous thread but unless your aunt is actually mentioned in your mums will then she has no claim on anything tell her to do one.

Keep ignoring the phone and do things in your own time and sod them all. They can wait, it was your mum, you get to grieve and sort it all out your way.

Sorry for your losses. flowers

Andbabymakesthree Wed 14-Sep-16 13:44:37

Who wants your grandmother's marriage certificate?

expatinscotland Wed 14-Sep-16 13:46:45

Stop answering the phone to these people. They know damn well they can get death and marriage certs online, they just don't want to pay for them. Well, fuck them then. And your aunt, too, she can go and get knotted. I'd put her on block, cheeky mare.

Beeswax2017 Wed 14-Sep-16 13:53:26

AdoraBell Wed 14-Sep-16 13:56:25

As everyone else has said, Ignore the phone and unless an official body needs the certificate then whoever is asking can whistle.

Sorry for your loss thanks

if the aunt doesn't have a legitimate claim then I would invite her to a solicitors office to hear your mum's Will read. If she has tell her you cannot deal with so much stress so she needs to fuck off give you space and wait until you are ready.

justilou Wed 14-Sep-16 20:18:41

God people suck! I have flown back to Australia from the Netherlands twice to my mother's "deathbed" (she is sick but STILL going!!!) and I had calls from relatives asking for loans on my inheritance. (How they know I'm getting anything is a mystery to me because for all I know, she's left it all to her cat!) Insensitive, selfish and just bloody rude!

AmeliaJack Wed 14-Sep-16 20:24:13

justilou family members have asked for money from your Mum's estate before she's dead?

I'm so sorry, that's dreadful and must be so distressing.

I'm not sure I'd be able to speak to them again.

Beeswax2017 Wed 14-Sep-16 20:34:33

justilou Wed 14-Sep-16 22:07:21

Yep - they're like vultures and I can't tell her because she'd be devastated. (Of course the sun shines out of one in particular who we suspect also has mum's missing jewellery)...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now