Child Maintenence

(5 Posts)
stealmyhappiness Wed 14-Sep-16 12:32:17

Hi I have an agreement with my ex who pays (what he says is) the correct amount for his children. when we agreed to this he said he would pay towards things like school coats and large sums of money. Both children have a trip coming up costing in the region of £200 each. i have asked him about this before and been ignored so i have forwarded the letter to him today. aibu to ask for half of this money? all of a sudden he seems to think the CM covers everything and he shouldnt pay extra despite our original agreement. how can i word it to him to explain that he is a nugget if he thinks his payments came close to covering this and he is getting off lightly.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 14-Sep-16 12:34:35

If find out first if he is paying the correct amount as that really matters

Look at the CMS website for a calculator, and to start a claim if he doesn't pay the sum stated

If he does pay the right amount unfortunately all you can do is explain, complain, attempt to persuade as you're not entitled to one penny above that

19lottie82 Wed 14-Sep-16 12:35:27

Is what he is paying you equal (at least) to what the CM calculator says, legally, he should be paying?

If yes, than sadly, you can't force him to pay anymore.

If no, then go and make a claim with the CMS to get what you're owed.

stealmyhappiness Wed 14-Sep-16 12:50:40

The problem is he changed jobs after we split up so i no longer know what he gets paid so i am unable to calculate it. he is paying me the same i got from his previous job as he knows i would be suspicious if the payment went down. he says he pays me more than he should but i have no way of knowing that. if i went through CSA i am worried he is getting paid cash in hand (as he works for friends) so my payments would go down.

it really frustrates me!

LaurieFairyCake Wed 14-Sep-16 13:05:30

Yes, if he doesn't work 'properly' then there's no point in going to CMS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now