Talk

Advanced search

To ask when your morning (all day) sickness stopped?

(76 Posts)
summerskittles91 Wed 14-Sep-16 11:38:29

Have spoken about my severe morning (all day!) sickness on here before. Currently at 11+3 and wondering how far along you were before the sickness and nausea stopped?

MermaidTears Wed 14-Sep-16 11:40:48

I will be honest I had hyperemisis all the way through, all three times.

Things to help you cope, I would advise to research.

AyeAmarok Wed 14-Sep-16 11:42:39

Mine started to ease around 16 weeks.

It was probably after 20 weeks that I started to enjoy food again.

flowers for you, it's tough.

BBQueen Wed 14-Sep-16 11:43:01

Mine stopped at 12 weeks in both pregnancies, I'll keep my fingers crossed you only have a few days left. Morning sickness is properly shit.

BoxofSnails Wed 14-Sep-16 11:43:21

When my pre-eclampsia started, it was as if my placenta wearing out meant there was less of whatever was making me sick.

I think you'll get those on the severe end of the spectrum answering your question here! I remember how miserable it was, hang in there, a day at a time.

BoxofSnails Wed 14-Sep-16 11:44:00

Sorry, ^^ was about 30 weeks

wigglesrock Wed 14-Sep-16 11:46:44

Mine didn't - I did find it easier to cope with it after a bit. I vomited the whole way through, tbh in my case the actual feeling sick was worse than the being sick. I felt worse in the later afternoon/earlier evening so I avoided food then. Certain foods made it worse - tea, milk, fruit, vegetables, certain meat, anything sweet like biscuits, bread was awful for me. I ate noodles, drank Fanta and found that anything nutty was good - I'd like to say I lived on seeds and nuts but it was more a case of hot nuts, snickers and peanut butter.

Showgirl109 Wed 14-Sep-16 11:47:47

I was sick until the day I gave birth. I had hyperemisis all the way through. I don't know anyone else - not on MN that was sick past 16 weeks.

Showgirl109 Wed 14-Sep-16 11:49:22

I should add that I did take anti sickness meds which helped but not completely God knows how bad it would have been without them.

MoonriseKingdom Wed 14-Sep-16 11:50:31

Things really eased at about 16 weeks both pregnancies. I think this is quite common although there are some unfortunate people who have it all pregnancy.

DramaAlpaca Wed 14-Sep-16 11:51:16

It finally stopped at about 20 weeks with all three of them. Miserable, it was. All day nausea and throwing up in the evenings. Horrible.

After a miserable time of it with DC1 I thought I'd got away with it with DC2 - until I stopped breastfeeding when I was twelve weeks pregnant. Then the sickness hit me with a vengeance.

Hope you start to feel better soon flowers

jellycat1 Wed 14-Sep-16 11:51:55

DS1 around 16 weeks. Ds2 around 14 weeks but it started around 2 weeks!

summerskittles91 Wed 14-Sep-16 11:52:01

Thank you for your replies! Hospital did diagnose me with HG and gave me tablets that just put me to sleep, and I couldn't take them for more than 7 days anyway hmm

Had 3 sessions of acupuncture last week and it helped massively. But now it's Wednesday I've been sick twice today and constantly feeling nauseous again.

wigglesrock I'm with you on the tea, milk, fruit making it worse. I have such a sweet tooth but anything sweet just makes me worse. Fanta was my saviour last week. this weeks its been ginger beer. Trying lucozade but now it tastes weird.

I'm being optimistic in thinking it will stop at week 12.

Cellardoor23 Wed 14-Sep-16 11:53:14

I felt sick all the way through. It did get a little better by the 2nd trimester, but not a huge amount. I had anti-sickness meds though, which helped.

It was more the constant nausea that was awful. I was only sick on a handful of occasions.

Cellardoor23 Wed 14-Sep-16 11:55:36

I actually found lucazade helped me feel better as well.

JustSpeakSense Wed 14-Sep-16 11:59:45

Mine stopped at 12 weeks with both my pregnancies

Clockworklemon Wed 14-Sep-16 12:04:02

20 wks for both of mine, then unexpectedly returned at about 36 weeks, don't know if that's normal or not.
Sending you lots of sympathy, horrid flowers

melibu84 Wed 14-Sep-16 12:04:10

16-17 weeks I think. DS was born 02/07, and some smells still make me nauseous though :O

happydays00 Wed 14-Sep-16 12:04:42

summerskittles there is a Hypremesis support thread on here which you may find helpful. Pop over and say "hello". There is lots of useful advice and they're a friendly bunch.

Blackfellpony Wed 14-Sep-16 12:05:23

I was on medication until just after my 20w scan then it suddenly vanished!

wigglesrock Wed 14-Sep-16 12:06:43

I haven't really been able to have tea since and my youngest is 5 grin. It'll will probably get easier and you'll find a way of doing things that will make it easier for you if it doesn't lift. Fwiw my sister was grand, my friends were fine after about 16 weeks. Just watch your tiredness and later on in the pregnancy your iron levels. I was midwifery led for all mine (I've 3) but saw a consultant when I was near the end of my 3rd pregnancy and she told me that low levels of iron can make you feel very ill and told me to take a supplement but not tablets - they can upset your tummy. Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy flowers.

queenc81 Wed 14-Sep-16 12:14:19

I've got hypermesis, had it with last pregnancy too.

I've had a weeks break from being sick and now it's back worse than ever. I'm 30 weeks and had it since the sperm met the egg sad

mharimay Wed 14-Sep-16 12:18:24

It's the bloody worst mine was horrific between 9-12 weeks then tapered off towards 16 weeks but I still had the odd bouts of vomming now and again...then I had horrific heartburn instead! Oh the joys!

LouBlue1507 Wed 14-Sep-16 12:20:27

I had HG too.. I was sick 20+ times a day, everyday up until about 23 weeks! Even after the , I'd randomly throw up every so often up until birth.

LouBlue1507 Wed 14-Sep-16 12:21:43

Oh yes and the heartburn!! Had terrible heartburn throughout my pregnancy! 🔥

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now