AIBU to think messaging someone about their feet is creepy?

(29 Posts)
SarcasmMode Tue 13-Sep-16 18:00:10

I got messaged a few days ago by someone from the same school but a few years younger than me.

He messaged me saying he liked my feet and wanted to massage them! I don't think he's even seen my feet.

How bizarre is that? I just commented with a question mark and he just repeated it.

Facebook is full of odd'uns!

SarcasmMode Tue 13-Sep-16 18:01:35

Double posted for some reason. Delete away MNHQ.

ClopySow Tue 13-Sep-16 18:01:43

It never ceases to amaze me how many men seem to be into feet.

SheldonsSpot Tue 13-Sep-16 18:03:21

That's what happens when you add randoms that you barely know on Facebook.

user1471451684 Tue 13-Sep-16 18:03:21

30%of both the male and female population are into feet, it's the most common turn on,

SarcasmMode Tue 13-Sep-16 18:07:20

Fair enough turn on but to talk to someone you haven't spoken to in years.

It was through a friend request thing on FB so I hadn't accepted yet but obviously know him.

user1471451684 Tue 13-Sep-16 18:20:15

Yes not something that would be a normal conversation starter!

SarcasmMode Tue 13-Sep-16 18:34:25

Indeed. smile

talksensetome Tue 13-Sep-16 18:35:34

How bizarre. My ex was really into feet but he didn't use it as a conversation starter!

SarcasmMode Tue 13-Sep-16 20:10:04

Ha takes all sorts I suppose!

littleprincesssara Tue 13-Sep-16 20:32:35

So glad it wasn't through MN messaging!

BitchQueen90 Tue 13-Sep-16 20:40:00

I posted some shoes on eBay for sale. (Brand new ones, just decided I didn't like them any more). Had a message from a random guy asking if I would sell pictures of my feet in the shoes!

There are some odd'uns out there.

SarcasmMode Tue 13-Sep-16 20:53:33

I had a friend who had a random guy message her asking if he could lick her feet.

Do we have a vom emoji?envy

AmeliaJack Wed 14-Sep-16 04:26:29

Best not to reply at all. Straight to delete.

SarcasmMode Wed 14-Sep-16 10:25:28

I do feel rude for deleting as he was no harm to me at school.
But then it's not like he mentioned it after a while of talking, he did it without introduction.

JenLindleyShitMom Wed 14-Sep-16 10:30:41

OP I had someone respond to my cleaning services ad on gumtree, firstly saying they ran a shoe shop and needed a cleaner, all good, then they started asking if I knew much about shoes and what sort of shoes I wear, suggesting wedges and stilettos! hmm creep!

Do not for one second feel guilty about deleting someone who makes you feel uncomfortable, especially one who will invade your personal space (PMs are your personal space) and send unsolicited messages like that! Delete and forget. Guarantee you he will be feeling no guilt over sending you that message and creeping you out.

MrsSpenserGregson Wed 14-Sep-16 10:37:54

OP I had a stranger message me last year, saying that he was a journalist (yeah right) and could he take photos of my feet?! I'd met him earlier for about five seconds in my shop when he asked for a flyer, which is how he got my contact details.

My initial reaction was "my feet?? What's wrong with my face then?!"

I do not have beautiful feet by any stretch of the imagination. (Nor do i have a beautiful face).

Then sanity returned and I blocked him grin

AlpacaPicnic Wed 14-Sep-16 11:33:38

I work with several ladies who no longer wear sandals or open toed shoes to work because of all the Pervy comments that they got. This is in a public library btw. A lot of them switched to trainers which are officially against dress code but they don't seem to attract the sleaze buckets that sandals and flip flops do.

BillSykesDog Wed 14-Sep-16 12:19:17

Oooh I had a man message me through a quiz app asking if I would send him a video of me squashing snails with stilettos.

BigDamnHero Wed 14-Sep-16 12:49:45

I think I'd assume one of his 'friends' got hold of his phone/laptop/whatever and sent you the message thinking it was hilarious.

But maybe I'm naive!

summerskittles91 Wed 14-Sep-16 13:55:05

I once knew a guy who had a sexual foot fetish. Don't ask. I made it clear we were friends. But he would often ask for photos of my feet (I politely declined) and would tell me his ongoing foot fetish fantasises. So I wouldn't be totally surprised about it!

SarcasmMode Wed 14-Sep-16 14:44:55

Bill foot fetish and creature destroyer - how sexy not

KC225 Wed 14-Sep-16 14:58:08

A guy on a bus told me he was a shoemaker and make similar boots to the ones I had on. I expressed a polite interest then he said 'you need to put your feet into plastic bags so I can get a proper mould and then I need to get the feel of them' At that point I decided move seats. Walking passed the sniggerings passengers who had heard him was a London Transport low point for me.

Feet - not a conversation opener

AuroraBora Wed 14-Sep-16 15:09:56

If you have lots of friends from your old school on your Facebook who might know him, why not screenshot it and put it up as your status grin that'll stop him from messaging women randomly.

Omgkitties Wed 14-Sep-16 15:21:13

I had a lad on snapchat that recently started messaging me asking for a picture of my socks or feet, I just ignored. A few days ago I was sorting out the sock drawer and had so many odd socks, took a picture on snapchat saying something along the lines of why have we got so many odd socks? And he messaged me saying he'd buy them all off me for £200!

Tempting but nah.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now