To want my son to make a new friend?

(3 Posts)
copyingisntjournalismdailymail Tue 13-Sep-16 10:42:53

I have NC for this...

My son has lots of friends but plays mainly with a boy from school. The boy has very different interests to my son and I have noticed my son starting to change to have the same likes as the other boy.

The boy has an older sibling and I have noticed they share tablets and old mobile phones with games on, he has been telling my son about a game he plays (and I saw him playing the other day at a party) my son asked if I could download it for him, after checking it out and reading the write up I would say the game is only suitable for 15+ maybe even 18+ and there is not a chance in hell my son is playing it (he is 7). I told my son that I wouldn't be buying it as I didn't feel it was appropriate and he got very upset.

The boys behaviour is in the main good, he is polite and plays nicely with my son, but there were a few incidents some months back with my younger daughter and I sorted this with the boys family but I am now thinking it may be due to access to inappropriate online games like the one he mentioned.

AIBU to want my son to find a new friend?

RebeccaWithTheGoodHair Tue 13-Sep-16 10:46:20

I don't like the sound of behaving inappropriately with your daughter so on that basis I don't think YABU.

Stand by your guns on the games, that's not a path you want to go down and I agree that they can have a huge impact on child development.

copyingisntjournalismdailymail Tue 13-Sep-16 13:35:46

Thanks, I figured it wasn't unreasonable. Just got to work out ways of him moving away from this lad..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now