Talk

Advanced search

Arrrrgh - In what universe is this helpful?

(21 Posts)
theITgirl Mon 12-Sep-16 18:36:34

This morning, normal Monday morning. I got up emptied the dishwasher, filed it up again. Asked DH who was up early, if he would please put the washing on the line as I didn't have time.

Yes he hung out the washing and decided to be helpful and bring in what was still out there. However it was still damp!

So I get home this evening to find all the damp washing scrunched up in the washing basket, still damp but now with loads of extra creases and I have to hang it back out again, only now it is evening it probably won't dry before it gets dark, will have dew on it in the morning so will have to stay out there till tomorrow, when I get home from work.

Not happy.

Leave his and just hang yours out. He will learn when he smells of mould

SestraClone Mon 12-Sep-16 18:38:40

What did you want him to do? Leave the wet washing, so you would have the same scenario? How do you dry your washing in the winter?

BewtySkoolDropowt Mon 12-Sep-16 18:44:03

Sestra, presumably op wanted wet washing hung out and the damp washing to stay out until it was dry hmm

theITgirl Mon 12-Sep-16 18:45:12

The weather here has been lovely today. The forecast is even better tomorrow. I am in the UK. Winter is not for months.

The washing he put out this morning is bone dry. He just needed to leave what was already on the line.

SestraClone Mon 12-Sep-16 18:45:21

Ok, I presumed there was only space for one set like my own line.

theITgirl Mon 12-Sep-16 18:47:22

No rotary drier. So can fit masses on.

Imnotaslimjim Mon 12-Sep-16 18:48:23

Could he have thought it was just cold rather than damp? Though I'd still be having words about it not being folded.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 12-Sep-16 18:50:28

Sounds helpful as my husband.

I've been in a proper rage with him today as he can't seem to do anything without my input. Calls to ask what size PE kit to buy from school. He was dropping the kids off hmm. Calls to ask me what to do for dinner. Double hmm. He's a SAHD and I work full time. I don't much enjoy taking time out to answer his inane questions.

God I'm grumpy today.

theITgirl Mon 12-Sep-16 18:50:28

Possibly. Still annoying though.

MissClarke86 Mon 12-Sep-16 18:53:03

What I don't understand is this:

If you were grumpy with him because your damp washing now has to go out and will be full of "dew" in the morning, who put the washing out and left it out overnight originally?

Or were two lots of washing put out this morning at different times?

operaha Mon 12-Sep-16 18:56:40

Wrong thread to mention my husband does ALL the washing in our house. He's doing it now, while I'm playing on here grin

AmeliaLeopard Mon 12-Sep-16 18:59:50

It's not just annoying, it is really pathetic that a grown man seems incapable of realising that washing shouldn't be brought in if it is still damp. I'd make him hang it out again - why should you clear up after his incompetence?!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Mon 12-Sep-16 19:01:51

The solution is to ask your husband to iron all the damp clothes. The hot iron will dry it out and get rid of the creases and then when he's finished, he can hang it up inside on a clothes horse or similar.
I think that will draw to his attention to the fact that getting clothes clean, dry and crease free involves a bit of work.

user1471552005 Mon 12-Sep-16 19:04:31

Laundry is my department. I prefer it that way.

bakeoffcake Mon 12-Sep-16 19:16:33

Yes it's annoying but it's not the end of the world. Ask him to put it back out again and to leave it there until tomorrow late afternoon.

exbrummie Mon 12-Sep-16 19:16:45

My brother has sn(autism)and lives in supported housing, when we were there once his carer asked him to get the washing in, my dm went into the garden with him while he was getting it in and asked if it was dry,the look he gave her( he is non verbal) said "of course it is I wouldn't be getting it in otherwise!" If he can understand the basics of this, other people havd no excuse!

theITgirl Mon 12-Sep-16 19:21:09

MissClarke it is not the dew I am annoyed about, but the extra 24 hours it will take to dry because of the dew and my work patterns.

And it was me who left it out last night.

Any way he is back and has apologised. So all is sweet again.

5OBalesofHay Mon 12-Sep-16 19:24:37

Just bung it in the dryer

theITgirl Mon 12-Sep-16 19:45:44

What dryer. Don't have one.

claraschu Mon 12-Sep-16 20:00:50

We don't have a drier either, and if ours takes this long to dry it always smells musty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now