Talk

Advanced search

To be proud that my 13 y/o daughter described a youtuber she used to love as 'vacuous bullshit'

(15 Posts)
raremark Mon 12-Sep-16 15:18:26

I'm feeling proud that my daughter described a very big youtuber that's into hawking products and shows massive consumerism as 'vacuous bullshit'. Is that wrong?

IzzyIsBusy Mon 12-Sep-16 15:20:44

I would have been proud if she had said it without swearing.

ElspethFlashman Mon 12-Sep-16 15:21:51

Was it Zoella? I bet it was Zoella.

JellyBelli Mon 12-Sep-16 15:22:35

I'd be proud of her too. You'll get the anti swearing lobby complaining though.
Personally I think seeing through The Spectacle is more important than being nice about it.

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Mon 12-Sep-16 15:23:01

Wouldnt be happy with the swearing but other than that i would be very pleased with her

grin

EttaJ Mon 12-Sep-16 15:23:17

Definitely that bloody Zoella

manicinsomniac Mon 12-Sep-16 15:24:09

Maybe. It would depend on who to and how justifiably.

I wouldn't be keen on my 13 year old having such a harsh opinion of another person but, if it really really is as she says, then I would be okay with it if she said it to me at home and not at school or anything. Only ok though, not proud tbh.

acasualobserver Mon 12-Sep-16 15:24:33

Vacuous bullshitter would've been more grammatically pleasing. However, you should be proud in the development of her critical faculties.

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Mon 12-Sep-16 15:24:34

jelly

I swear like a fucking trooper, just wouldnt be happy hearing it from the lips of my precious angel grin

AChickenCalledKorma Mon 12-Sep-16 15:25:30

I have a 14 year old and totally understand that pride. When she demonstrates that she's displaying a suitable level of cynicism and able to make her own decisions without following the herd, I feel much more confident that her future will go well!

(She also knows full well that I can cope with words like bullshit, but Granny probably can't ☺ )

Ninasimoneinthemorning Mon 12-Sep-16 15:27:16

Swearing really doesn't bother me. As long as it's not a directed swear word at another person it's not something I get arsed about. It's just language.

Amandahugandkisses Mon 12-Sep-16 15:27:23

Must be Zoella.
I try so hard not to be cynical and maybe I am a little jealous deep down.
But her perfect little life dusted with sprinkles. Aghhh

roundandroundthehouses Mon 12-Sep-16 15:46:58

Very commendable grin. (I'm also fine with swearing at 13+, as long as it isn't at somebody.) My first thought was Zoella as well, but I'm sure there are others.

Amanda89x Mon 12-Sep-16 15:51:15

Yadnbu! I really hope you're talking about Zoellas boyfriend..he's a twat

raremark Mon 12-Sep-16 15:51:31

Yes you are all right, it was zoella.

I'm really not bothered about the swearing, as long as she knows when it's appropriate. She was talking about the content more than the person, so not sure if that's grammatically correct, either way still proud :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now