Talk

Advanced search

To miss my eldest DC whilst they are at school?

(13 Posts)
MoonStar07 Mon 12-Sep-16 13:35:49

My eldest child has gone to school. I'm home with a toddler. We've had a busy day school run, mum's coffee, baby class and then nipped to a few shops. Just pulled into driveway and don't want to go in house. It's so quiet and I miss my eldest. Husband works long hours. Couple of hours to pick up yet. AIBu? Do you miss your children when they're at school?

icouldabeenacontender Mon 12-Sep-16 13:36:59

I only have one child.
She is in year 10, I still miss her, you'd think I'd be used to it.

jellyandsoup Mon 12-Sep-16 13:40:39

I get it. My youngest started school this year, I want shopping in town this morning, but I miss her

DerekSprechenZeDick Mon 12-Sep-16 13:43:53

I skip to school on the morning and drag my feet in afternoon grin

Oysterbabe Mon 12-Sep-16 13:45:19

Yanbu. I miss my DD when she goes to bed grin

Bobochic Mon 12-Sep-16 13:45:36

When my DD started all day school and no longer came to the shops with me in the afternoon (we knew all the shopkeepers and they used to spoil her with bits of food) I missed her terribly.

hmcAsWas Mon 12-Sep-16 13:46:29

Yes - now they are 12 and 14 they are good company, so I do miss them whilst they are at school and look forward to the school holidays. It was not always the case - when they were in KS1 the holidays seemed never ending and I couldn't wait for term time to restart

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Mon 12-Sep-16 13:47:23

Mine eldest 6 and I miss her. She's my little buddy! When she is here we chat all day and she's as nosy as me so joins me in looking out the window and speculating on what people are doing grin I still have the baby at home who is super cute but her chat is slightly lacking!

She also comes in handy fetching me things when I'm stuck under a sleeping baby.

FlyingGoose Mon 12-Sep-16 13:47:34

My dts started last week and I feel lost without them. Getting so much done just to keep busy until I can pick them up again. I can't wait to pick them up!

JoandMax Mon 12-Sep-16 13:50:08

I always miss them loads at the beginning of a new school year - having the long holidays and being together all the time it takes a while to adjust to being separated again.

Once we're back in the routine I don't miss them as such but j always feel happy/excited when I go to pick them up! Fortunately they both love school so that helps I think

WordGetsAround Mon 12-Sep-16 13:53:16

Nope. I love them (one at preschool 3 days and the other in year 1), but the amount of stuff you can get done in 6 hours without children around is amazing! I haven't felt this efficient since before I got pregnant with DC1!

pintsizeprincess Mon 12-Sep-16 14:10:26

Yes i'm feeling it too. My eldest dd started reception last week and this is her first full week of full days so feels strange not having her around in the day time. She just turned 4 in july and looks so tiny in her uniform, i think i'm still in a bit of denial that she is actually going to school now. I still have her 16 month old sister keeping me busy at home and we are out and about but i'm really missing my eldest. She seems to be loving school though which helps but it's a very srrange feeling knowing that she's growing up and someone else is responsible for her 6 hours per day.

MoonStar07 Mon 12-Sep-16 14:57:08

Glad I'm not alone! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now