Talk

Advanced search

Recycling to a T

(7 Posts)
Blablabla1984 Mon 12-Sep-16 10:55:36

I am all about recycling and completely support it but I wanted to see what mumsnetters thought of this:

A friend of mine cuts up the front page of her birthday cards, sticks it on a plain white card paper and re-sends it for someone else’s birthday.

Tacky? Cost effective?

DanceWithThePoets Mon 12-Sep-16 11:42:35

I've never known anyone that's done this - but why not? I really don't think it would bother me if I received a recycled card. It's the thought that counts after all.

I do re-use gift bags though - and I've even had the same bag revisit me a few times!

anonymice Mon 12-Sep-16 11:44:14

I've seen this done. I make Christmas cards into next year's gift tags. I love new cards but I would rather the planet didn't collapse.

OdinsLoveChild Mon 12-Sep-16 11:45:26

I do the gift tag thing too. grin

Lunde Mon 12-Sep-16 11:47:46

I had relatives (students) that cut up the previous year's Christmas cards to make collages for the next year. I thought they were really nice

80sWaistcoat Mon 12-Sep-16 11:48:53

A friend of mine used to do this - she was good at it - they looked really nice and different and sometimes entertainingly rude!

YelloDraw Mon 12-Sep-16 12:41:48

I make Christmas cards into next year's gift tags.

I do that too!

I have also cut out bits and pieces from birthday/christmas cards and stuck them onto card blanks. Looks quite nice if you are selective in what you pick and use good quality card blanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now