to ask if anyone recognises this old film

(9 Posts)
ClarasZoo Sun 11-Sep-16 17:13:43

Not strictly AIBU I know but this is driving me crazy. Ok - old film. Possibly black and white, part of a trilogy I think. I think it may have been done as a Simpsons copy much later (as a trilogy). It's someone in an art gallery with a spooky weird curator chap. The curator asks what the viewer (man) thinks of the painting. The man says he likes it but it would have been better if the top window was lit. Man then finds himself inside painting. After a bit of story (can't recall) the man is handed a lantern and told to stand in the top window (thus it now lit). A new man comes to see the painting in the art gallery, (window is now lit by former chap) and the spooky curator asks if he likes it. The chap says, yes but..... and you know that whatever he criticises he will find himself remedying for eternity inside the painting. Does anyone know what this actually is - I saw it about 30 years ago (but it was old then) and periodically i google but I can never find out what it was....

Augustbaby22 Sun 11-Sep-16 17:27:07

Not sure of the film but I think they did this in an episode of Charmed about the painting and a man with a lantern in the window and the sisters ended up in the painting, it's one of the older episodes with the original cast, probably not much help but that's all I can recall!

Arseicle Sun 11-Sep-16 17:30:52

I think its a segment from Night Gallery, which was by the same people who did the Twilight Zone. 1969 I think.

Mybrainishurtingme Sun 11-Sep-16 17:44:37

Hubby says "three cases of murder" 1954

We've been frantically googling too but he beat me to it!

Mybrainishurtingme Sun 11-Sep-16 17:46:21

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Cases_of_Murder

GladysKravitz Sun 11-Sep-16 19:07:50

I really want to see that film now, it sounds ace!

Middleoftheroad Sun 11-Sep-16 19:14:31

It does sound good
Thinking now about The Ghost and Mrs Muir (or sthg like that) where the man in a painting comes to 'life'. Another good film.

ClarasZoo Sun 11-Sep-16 20:48:35

Brilliant - yes it was In the Picture from the three cases of murder- I am going to watch it again if I can find it- it was very creepy! Thank you! My googling must be rubbish as I couldn't find it...

georgethecat Sun 11-Sep-16 21:20:27

Ooo it sounded a bit Dorien Gray esque too - another good B&W movie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now