Talk

Advanced search

what's makes you shudder /jumpy ?

(21 Posts)
mrsfuzzy Sat 10-Sep-16 18:46:27

sounds daft but i nearly jumped out of my skin
because dh just burped [not very loud] but it made me start as it is so quiet !!
so.... what is your thing when you go argh ! i hate d l legs - can't even write it down - those things that fly around lights and the blasted legs fall off so easily, boak, send me running from the room screaming that and sweaty socks v. grim smile

MrsJayy Sat 10-Sep-16 18:50:04

Dog barking suddenly I wet myself he isn't really a barky dog so when he does I eek. Slugs make me shiver slimey gross things

talllikejerryhall Sat 10-Sep-16 18:50:12

I absolutely loathe sticking my hand in the crisp packet - will stick 'em on a saucer, napkin, anything to avoid the greasy sensation of oil on my hands and wrists

TheWitTank Sat 10-Sep-16 18:51:29

Balloons popping -or people squeezing balloons until they pop -the anticipation of the bang really puts me on edge.

Lilaclily Sat 10-Sep-16 18:52:30

I do it all the time at work, I'm sitting at my desk and people just appear behind me and I jump like a horse ! They all think I am a loon but I'm convinced they creep about stealthily

FitbitAddict Sat 10-Sep-16 18:52:55

Someone eating a KitKat without breaking it into fingers first grin

mrsfuzzy Sat 10-Sep-16 18:54:44

dh hates speaking on the phone, nearly peeling him off the ceiling when the landline rings, but his mobile is okay confused.

MrsJayy Sat 10-Sep-16 18:56:03

Dh thinks it's hilarious to pretend he is asleep when I get in bed and settle down get into my phone game and BOO!! Bastard that he is

mrsfuzzy Sat 10-Sep-16 18:56:39

lilac [whisper] they are after your biccy/ choc supply in your desk, smile

klch14 Sat 10-Sep-16 18:57:33

Sound of people rubbing a balloon! <shivers>

klch14 Sat 10-Sep-16 18:57:40

Sound of people rubbing a balloon! <shivers>

1wokeuplikethis Sat 10-Sep-16 18:57:55

When my daughter was teething and she would scrape them together....bleurgh!!

And the sound of knives scraping on plates, the squeaking shrieking scream, bah bah bah!!!!

ChipInTheSugar Sat 10-Sep-16 18:58:18

Anticipating a balloon popping, and toast popping out of the toaster always makes me jump!

Also the blow-on-the-eye pressure test at the opticians.

MrsJayy Sat 10-Sep-16 18:59:44

My neighbours toddler is a shrieker you can hear it randomly throughout the day goes right through me and I'm a wreck by his bedtime

alloutofnameideas Sat 10-Sep-16 19:00:07

Moths. Was playing on my phone late last night lay in bed. DH pissing himself at me jumping around the bed because a bloody moth kept fluttering around my ears and face then disappearing for a few minutes. Then as soon as I settled back down again it came back. Bloody hate the fluttering c**ts

Topseyt Sat 10-Sep-16 19:00:59

I hate balloons popping too.

Otherwise, perhaps if I am aware/worried that there might be a spider in the room.

MrsJayy Sat 10-Sep-16 19:02:58

I'm the ninja moth catcher in my house I can snatch them out the air every body in my house hates them.

PricklyHodgeheg Sun 11-Sep-16 16:59:08

Slugs. Also anything to do with plumbing and plug holes makes me shudder.

fecking buzzy flies, they are so feckin stupid! fly in one door buzz up and down the room banging into windows and the door right next to the open door they jut flew in argghh, then they go out and straight back in through the open kitchen door. or worse they go behind the voile curtain and can't get out bloody hate em.

Waffles80 Sun 11-Sep-16 19:47:00

The material they the demons make umbrellas from.

Eeeeeuuurrrghhhhh!

Caken Sun 11-Sep-16 19:53:02

Cotton wool, squeaky cotton wool. Oh it makes me feel sick sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now