To think this is rude?

(88 Posts)
whatmoredoyouwantfromme Sat 10-Sep-16 12:17:01

Going on a date later, I messaged earlier this week suggesting a time and asking about place. He suggested a general area of the city we live in and I agreed. He still hasn't messaged to confirm a location though... Supposed to be meeting at 7... When is too late?!

Crispbutty Sat 10-Sep-16 12:22:40

Ring him??

whatmoredoyouwantfromme Sat 10-Sep-16 12:24:20

Thanks but don't think that's appropriate as we don't know each well yet. The ball is definitely in his court I feel :s

MrsExpo Sat 10-Sep-16 12:24:35

Either ring him, or message/text him to say something like "Let's meet at 7 at <<insert location>>" ... Why is that so hard?

ReallyShouldKnowBetterAtMyAge Sat 10-Sep-16 12:27:28

You are over thinking it.

Just send a text with a location and confirm the time.

Skittlesss Sat 10-Sep-16 12:28:39

It's still 6 and a half hours away so not really too late at all... unless the area he suggested is in Scotland and you live in the middle of England?

arethereanyleftatall Sat 10-Sep-16 12:29:02

Why is it him who has to confirm location? Maybe he's thinking exactly the same as you are.,

OrangeSquashTallGlass Sat 10-Sep-16 12:29:38

Why can't you just suggest the location?

CodyKing Sat 10-Sep-16 12:33:57

No - if leave it up to him - you did your bit - start as you mean to go on - otherwise it's you doing all the arranging and him just rocking up - if much prefer a proactive date than one who can't be areas to think about it -

ImperialBlether Sat 10-Sep-16 12:36:43

Do people go on dates with people they haven't spoken to on the phone? I thought someone's voice was partly what made them attractive. Imagine turning up and he's got a really high pitched voice, or a smug voice or keeps clearing his throat.

whatmoredoyouwantfromme Sat 10-Sep-16 12:40:36

I have met him before, a long while ago (long story) but I do feel the ball is in his court.

whatmoredoyouwantfromme Sat 10-Sep-16 12:40:52

Just wondering what to do if he doesn't message etc?

PamBagnallsGotACollage Sat 10-Sep-16 12:41:39

Suggest somewhere yourself. If you have a second date and so on, and he continues to be indecisive and that annoys you then discontinue the relationship.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Sat 10-Sep-16 12:41:48

Why do you feel the ball is in his court?

wowfudge Sat 10-Sep-16 12:42:03

Don't go. If he won't make a firm arrangement that doesn't sound good.

OhMyWord16 Sat 10-Sep-16 12:42:19

No - if leave it up to him - you did your bit - start as you mean to go on - otherwise it's you doing all the arranging and him just rocking up - if much prefer a proactive date than one who can't be areas to think about it -

^ this^

Crunchymum Sat 10-Sep-16 12:43:49

How did try conversation go?

To me it's reads like he said 'let's meet in Camden' and you said 'OK sounds good'

He could be waiting for you to tell him where in Camden!!!

Camden is obviously an example.

hmcAsWas Sat 10-Sep-16 12:44:01

He doesn't sound all that keen tbh

Jessbow Sat 10-Sep-16 12:44:39

Depend how much you want to go.

either leave it and see

or

''outside Nando's at 7?''

whatmoredoyouwantfromme Sat 10-Sep-16 12:46:58

Maybe he isn't keen, I think he definitely was but who knows. He has to travel in anyway so bigger effort from him than me.

Yeah exactly he suggested a place in our city eg Camden and I said, cool sounds good. This was after I had messaged suggesting a time and asking where was convenient though...

Waltermittythesequel Sat 10-Sep-16 12:50:41

If you don't hear from him, make plans with friends and go out.

All this angst before a date? Hardly makes it seem worth it.

Benedikte2 Sat 10-Sep-16 12:52:51

May be an oversight on his part -- when he starts to get ready will realise you have agreed on an exact venue.

Boysnme Sat 10-Sep-16 12:53:03

If that's all that was said then the ball is not in his court. Just message him and ask where you are meeting. Or even better pick up the phone and call him.

Mummyoflittledragon Sat 10-Sep-16 12:58:28

Text him. He may have completely forgotten, accidentally deleted it, not received it etc. Say something very short like "Did you get my text on X day?". That will likely start up the conversation again.

WeirdAndPissedOff Sat 10-Sep-16 13:00:48

If he has to travel in, is it possible he doesn't know the area well enough to suggest good spots, etc, and is waiting for you to do so?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now