Talk

Advanced search

AIBU tomatos for a 9 month old

(8 Posts)
christmasid2 Sat 10-Sep-16 00:54:28

do you think it's ok to give fresh tomato to a baby of this age?
they've had tomato puree and been ok.....for some reason i'm wary, I think it's because it will be the strongest-tasting veg I've ever given them

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sat 10-Sep-16 01:10:57

I'd give them, my wee one loves them.

PerspicaciaTick Sat 10-Sep-16 01:15:53

Mine both adorded strong flavours from a really early age. I'd go for it if I were you.
Just remember that the skin and seeds are likely to reappear in their nappy, so don't panic at teeny rolled up red wormy things blush

Pinkheart5915 Sat 10-Sep-16 01:21:16

Give them a try and see what baby thinks

My ds ( now 1 year) has loved very strong tastes from the start of weaning, and he loves chopped up baby tomatoes with his lunch very often

Iwasjustabouttosaythat Sat 10-Sep-16 01:25:27

They are fine! The more flavours the better. I don't think they are an especially strong flavour though. It's not like olives or something (which my 12 month old adored). I think it will be exciting for them.

MiddleClassProblem Sat 10-Sep-16 01:27:08

For me the only reasons not to give DD certain food at that age was health (age as no allergies) related. And if they don't like it it doesn't mean they won't in a few months time so don't be afraid to retry things. Just cut things or slice of worried but imo it's good to try different things from an early age, getting used to different colours, textures and tastes even if they don't like it.

www.babycentre.co.uk/a563207/when-is-it-safe-to-feed-my-baby

Muddlingalongalone Sat 10-Sep-16 01:37:16

One of the first foods DD1 had.
Not deliberately mind you she did help herself from my plate!!
I think some babies can get rashes from them, like strawberries so might be worth being vigilant

christmasid2 Sat 10-Sep-16 01:54:00

thank yo all for your answers, especially about the rash issue
so sick of not having decent, concise guidance about weaning!
off to look at that link now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now