Talk

Advanced search

To put toddler back in nappies

(7 Posts)
SEsofty Fri 09-Sep-16 12:51:51

Ds will be three in October. Has been dry for about a month. Suddenly last four days seems to have forgotten what to do and is having loads of accidents. He will go on potty when reminded and also says when he needs to go. But on top of this is having four plus accidents a day. A whoops Mummy I wee in my shorts type accident.

He's got a cold which is making him a little bit under the weather but isn't really ill.

I just don't know what to do and don't want to confuse him or make it worse. But don't really want to do multiple outfit changes if we go out. So aibu if I put him back in nappies?

SandyY2K Fri 09-Sep-16 12:56:21

I did that when my DD was about 2 and a half. She was doing fine, but then accidents. As I had a 2 month old at the time I couldn't cope so back to nappies it was.

Then people told me I was confusing her. So back to knickers a couple of weeks later and she was fine.

ScouseAT Fri 09-Sep-16 12:56:28

My DS is 3 on October we were in the same boat a couple of weeks ago. I just stuck with and reminded him more often and it passed when he was feeling better. He's now doing brilliantly and taking himself to the toilet when he needs. I think even just a little cold can put them off and it us a learning curve so bound to have some hiccups on the way.

Solasum Fri 09-Sep-16 13:05:19

Could you try a nappy inside pants, and keep taking him to the potty at regular intervals? So normalish but without the accident problem

sjd84 Fri 09-Sep-16 13:26:58

We had the same issue with my little boy, he was potty trained just after 3, and took about a month, but he would still have accidents if he was unwell or stressed. I just kept reminding him more frequently, and it did pass eventually.

BarbarianMum Fri 09-Sep-16 13:31:11

Both my boys were like this. They knew what to do but then got bored with doing it (no more rah, rah, rah what a clever boy from me any more and playing was more interesting).

My advice is not to go back to nappies, not to make a big deal of it but to provide lots of clothes/pants and a bucket of soapy water and tell him to change himself it he needs to. mine soon got bored with that.

SEsofty Fri 09-Sep-16 13:32:30

Thanks all. I think I know that we need to stick with it, just so frustrating. And lots of washing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now