When would you expect Saturday date to be firmed up?

(11 Posts)
whatmoredoyouwantfromme Thu 08-Sep-16 13:06:29

Chatting with someone who said he'd be free this week to go on date. It's been a bit touch and go with two conflicting schedules so I messaged a few days ago asking if this week was still good; he suggested Saturday evening. Anyway, we agreed and have heard nothing since then (two days ago). Aibu to expect him to sort a place/time etc? And when is "too late"?

cloudyday99 Thu 08-Sep-16 13:08:36

If you've agreed the day and time I wouldn't think it too odd to firm it up just on the day.

If you need to know sooner, maybe text him? Or suggest somewhere yourself

whywonthedgehogssharethehedge Thu 08-Sep-16 13:09:51

I would wait until tomorrow and just drop a friendly message saying Just wanted to check we are still on for tomorrow and confirm a time and venue, do you have anything in mind?

whatmoredoyouwantfromme Thu 08-Sep-16 13:10:30

Havent agreed time or place...

eatsleephockeyrepeat Thu 08-Sep-16 13:16:18

I'd message today, I don't think there's anything wrong with at least knowing what time you're meeting - you might be busy in the day and have to work around plans!

I wouldn't want to leave it til Friday; worst case scenario, you don't want to be left making last minute plans for the weekend on a Friday. But mostly I wouldn't want him to this 24 hours before the event is okay in my book for making plans - it isn't! - but then again I literally CANNOT relax until I have a SCHEDULE. But that's just me smile

eatsleephockeyrepeat Thu 08-Sep-16 13:17:17

"I wouldn't want him to THINK", not "this"!

hellsbellsmelons Thu 08-Sep-16 13:18:33

Text him - 'So what's the POA for Saturday then?'
If he doesn't come back by tomorrow then another text stating you have booked something else as you hadn't heard, should do the job.
I'd have to know well in advance.
I'm a planner and have other things that I could do so I'd want a concrete plan in place as early as possible.

whatmoredoyouwantfromme Thu 08-Sep-16 13:20:06

This is all good advice but I'm concerned about seeming too keen?! Also from past experience he's not great at thinking of places so I don't know whether to just suggest one. Argh, i would like him to make an effort though confused

cloudyday99 Thu 08-Sep-16 13:21:56

If you don't want to seem too keen, then imply that you have other plans for earlier in the day, or another offer for plans Saturday evening, so that's why you need to know. You won't sound desperate, just like someone who's busy and populargrin

dontpokethebear Thu 08-Sep-16 13:25:42

Just say "Hi Whatmoresdate. Do you fancy going to 'Insert venue'? Would 8 be good for you?".
Personally I would wait until tomorrow though.

eatsleephockeyrepeat Thu 08-Sep-16 13:58:34

I wouldn't worry too much about looking to keen; if you're wondering, you're wondering. May as well tell him!

And why wouldn't you want to know what your plans were for your own Saturday night before the day before? To me that doesn't say "excessively keen", that says "woman not prepared to waste perfectly good Saturday night if shaky plans are firmed up too late, or perhaps woman has daytime plans/other offers she doesn't wanted to be changing or taking up at the last minute because that would be rude".

But if you genuinely don't mind until tomorrow, don't text until tomorrow. I'd say if you're wondering about it today though just text and see where you stand smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now