We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to not be able to focus on work because we're eloping next week and nobody knows!

(16 Posts)
dragonsarebest Thu 08-Sep-16 12:31:57

Just that really. I feel like I'm about to burst with excitement.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Thu 08-Sep-16 12:41:33

Congratulations! Going anywhere nice to do it? flowers

squoosh Thu 08-Sep-16 12:42:52

Where are you getting married?

ageingrunner Thu 08-Sep-16 12:43:40

flowerssmile

PJBanana Thu 08-Sep-16 12:51:31

Congratulations! It is my dream to do this smile

Handbag169flowers Thu 08-Sep-16 12:55:02

Oohh, good luck! Are you going for a nice honeymoon/holiday afterwards?

Yorkieheaven Thu 08-Sep-16 12:58:55

Why are you eloping? Not criticising just curious wink

fizzydizzy Thu 08-Sep-16 13:08:15

Congratulations!

We're doing the same in a fortnight!

dragonsarebest Thu 08-Sep-16 13:21:17

Thank you thank you thank you!

Gibraltar - then Andalucia for the holidaymoon smile

We decided on this as we have complicated families and have spent 6 years being engaged trying to work out how to appease everyone else...finally thought sod it let's elope! :D

dragonsarebest Thu 08-Sep-16 13:22:24

fizzy congrats - it's so exciting! Where are you going? Have you told anyone? What are you wearing?

fizzydizzy Thu 08-Sep-16 13:32:11

Only one friend knows but as time goes on its getting harder not to talk about it! Other than that just my hairdresser to get some tips on what to ask for!

That sounds lovely, we're going to Italy and we'll have a honeymoon next year.

Decided on it for similar reasons. We've been together a long time, neither of us wanted a big wedding but wanted to be married.

I've got a dress but not traditional bridal, what about you?

WatchingFromTheWings Thu 08-Sep-16 13:36:49

Good for you! flowerswine

Congrats!

dragonsarebest Thu 08-Sep-16 13:37:49

Yes same, didn't want a big complicated wedding but did want to be married smile

I have a white dress but it's not "bridal" either. Tbh it's a white sundress but very "me" I think. I keep wobbling about what I'm wearing though...talked myself down from getting a "back-up dress" earlier this week...and only thought about hair and makeup last night! Totally unprepared really!

fizzydizzy Thu 08-Sep-16 14:11:02

I was having a bit of a panic about my dress last night but guess that's normal!
I've got someone to do hair and make up but a little nervous about how it will go.

Compared to the stress I've seen friends have in the run up to their weddings I know this is nothing though!

Are you going to let people know while you are away or wait until you are home?

dragonsarebest Thu 08-Sep-16 14:20:34

Yes i think you're right - and yes, definitely less stressful than it could have been!

Not sure about letting people know. My preference is to breezily drop in "...oh and we got married" when asked how the holiday was. Not sure a spur-of-the-moment story will cut it though, seeing as there'll be pics of him looking smart and me in white! DP has arranged it all - sorted witnesses, a photographer, the legal stuff, etc - didn't cross his mind to think about my hair and makeup though lol! I really want to talk about it and have someone reassure me about my outfit etc - I guess that's all part of the big wedding day process right?

fizzydizzy Thu 08-Sep-16 14:43:08

Yes the lack of feedback on different bits is tricky! PM if you want any last minute chat/opinions!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now