To think this is a joke

(6 Posts)
lastqueenofscotland Wed 07-Sep-16 20:12:01

I posted a thread the other week about my obscene work load, generally being taken the piss out of at work. I asked for a meeting with someone last week about it making it totally clear the nature of the job at the moment meant I was looking elsewhere.

I think if someone in a role was having such a shit time they were wanting to leave you would take 15 minutes to sit down with them and discuss issues...

Instead my meeting has been cancelled for a third time today, "maybe we can sit down on Monday." From the person who has time for 4 fag breaks and a full hour lunch today, I went to the loo once and came back to 15 emails and 3 missed calls, let alone a lunch!

I've probably outed myself with this but I'm on the verge of walking out.

Euphemia Wed 07-Sep-16 20:38:04

That's utterly crap. What are your prospects elsewhere?

wasonthelist Wed 07-Sep-16 20:43:37

OP I sympathise, but anywhere I've worked, announcing you were looking elsewhere wouldn't have led to an improvement. At most jobs where I'd been there less than 2 years it would have "goodbye then".

MetalPetal86 Wed 07-Sep-16 21:32:04

Oh dear, that's crap. No advice but very sympathetic. What field are you in?

FreddyFireflyCanFeckOff Thu 08-Sep-16 09:18:23

Can totally sympathise with this. I started to make sure I never missed a break, and if something didn't get done on time, well, it didn't get done on time.

LaContessaDiPlump Thu 08-Sep-16 09:24:54

I'd hand in my notice without further ado. Or at least arrange an interview elsewhere and let them know that's why you're not in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now