Talk

Advanced search

To wonder if my teachers still dread getting a child in their class with my name!?

(42 Posts)
SwichL10 Wed 07-Sep-16 15:58:07

Ok, I was awful at school, I had the worst attitude and I was rude. Everything a teacher doesn't want. My name isn't popular at all, only 10 born with the name this year! It's a very old lady name... I was at school 5 years ago. I wonder if they ever dread seeing a child with my name come into their class, I mean the chances of it happening is quite slim, but still grin btw, I regret my behaviour, before I get a telling off!

Crunchymum Wed 07-Sep-16 15:59:52

Maud?

DerekSprechenZeDick Wed 07-Sep-16 16:00:09

I think if someone starts school with your name it will give them flashbacks 😂

My poor brother was expected to be like me as I was older. He was tarred with my brush

SwichL10 Wed 07-Sep-16 16:02:17

Nope, not Maud! There was a Maud in my year though grin

I kind of wish it wouldn't! I'm a different person now grinwink

YourNewspaperIsShit Wed 07-Sep-16 18:27:36

I was an undiagnosed autistic so they just thought I was very very naughty and drove them all up the wall. When my Dsis started a year later and they read her surname on the register (not a common one) they all said "oh god you aren't YourNewspaper's sister are you?" blushgrin Poor girl got picked on by them so much if she did the slightest thing wrong

Glitteryfrog Wed 07-Sep-16 18:29:06

Tracey?

ArmySal Wed 07-Sep-16 19:09:04

Pamela?

ScarletOverkill Wed 07-Sep-16 19:14:12

Florence?

BoneyBackJefferson Wed 07-Sep-16 19:16:38

Chances are that you where forgotten the moment that you left the classroom.

PanGalaticGargleBlaster Wed 07-Sep-16 19:17:31

Beryl the Peril?

TheTroubleWithAngels Wed 07-Sep-16 19:18:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KC225 Wed 07-Sep-16 19:18:51

Minnie the Minx

acornsandnuts Wed 07-Sep-16 19:21:17

Irene. We had an Irene who was a terror for the teachers and a bit arsey with the posh kids but was actually lovely given a bit of time to get to know her.

CaroleService Wed 07-Sep-16 19:34:04

Gladys

qwertyuiopasdfghjkl Wed 07-Sep-16 19:34:54

IlPorcupinoNilSodomyEst Wed 07-Sep-16 19:35:00

Ha! My deputy head teacher had taught all my brothers 10 years before at another school, and greeted me at school n the first day with 'oh no, not another 'surname''. I'm sure at least one third of them were not naughty! (One was a horror though)

qwertyuiopasdfghjkl Wed 07-Sep-16 19:35:13

MetalPetal86 Wed 07-Sep-16 19:37:47

What's your name? My mum's Ethel (she's not that old). Is it that?

2kids2dogsnosense Wed 07-Sep-16 19:46:10

Boneyback Chances are that you where forgotten the moment that you left the classroom.

Don't bet on it!

I'd been left school almost twenty years when I heard a voice behind me saying "2kids? It IS! It's 2kids!" How are you, my dear?" It was one of my PRIMARY SCHOOL teachers (final year). He was long retired (had been older than God when I was in his class) and we had a lovely long chat. He remembered so much about me and my bro and sisters.

I always wondered how very dreadful we must have been for him to remember us a quarter of a century later . . .

MaureenMLove Wed 07-Sep-16 19:48:17

If it's that unusual, then yes, I might have a flash back. More likely that surnames fill teachers with dread though!

We are currently on the 7th year of a particularly unusual, but memorable surname in our school. I know it's 7 years because we were trying to remember them all, after I had the pleasure of meeting him today.

He is related to the other six (brothers, sisters and a cousin) and they were all pretty dreadful!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 07-Sep-16 19:49:23

Awful Agnes?
Winnie the Witch?
Pearl the pest?

NapQueen Wed 07-Sep-16 19:51:14

I'm betting Diane, Hillary Tracy or Yvonne.

Justaboy Wed 07-Sep-16 19:58:01

Mabel, Edith, Elspeth?.

CaroleService Wed 07-Sep-16 20:14:04

Or maureen

BoneyBackJefferson Wed 07-Sep-16 20:16:31

2kids2dogsnosense

I remember alsorts of pupils from my first years of teaching, some were cheeky, some where funny, some tried so hard in classes that we were all sad to see them go.

There will have been something about you that makes you stick in their mind, I can pretty much guarantee you that it wasn't because you where a nightmare to teach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now