Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off about this?

(4 Posts)
OurDeirdre Wed 07-Sep-16 13:30:39

I've had blood tests recently as I've been feeling exhausted , no energy and having heart flutters.

My blood results all came back "normal".

My GP has said that my TSH for thyroid was "borderline high " suggesting possibly an overactive thyroid .

I was told to come back in a month to re test and see if it's corrected itself confused

I still feel like shit .

I saw another GP today for something unrelated and asked about the TSH result - he said its normal and no further testing required .

I don't know what the result numbers are.

So that's it ?!

I've been trying to lose weight for a while and nothing is happeing . I feel hungry ALL the time blush

AIBU to be annoyed at this ? What am I meant to do?!

Any self help for an overactive thyroid?

SheDoneAlreadyDoneHadHerses Wed 07-Sep-16 13:38:45

I hear you. My thyroid antibodies are elevated but everything else is "normal" so off you pop - regardless of the weight gain, the hair loss, the cold hands and feet, the constipation, the anxiety, the insomnia, the brain fog, the dry shins. Ta raaa, you're normal.

PFFT.

Anyways, I use kelp tablets which I think help.

SheDoneAlreadyDoneHadHerses Wed 07-Sep-16 13:39:27

Oh mine's edging towards underactive though. not sure if kelp will help for overactive.

firawla Wed 07-Sep-16 14:37:28

Any chance you can afford a private health check, or any work health insurance you can use (yourself or dps?)

I had similar issues with tiredness, weight, generally not well etc and couldn't seem to get any definitive answer after gp sending for different blood tests. So I went private (to ob gyn in the end as I was having period issues aswell) and they re ran blood tests but in a more organised way, and got some answers and some medication, and tbh you just feel much better getting it dealt with and feel like you're getting somewhere with the situation.

If not an option to do a private check, i would keep going back to gp a couple more times possible - or I think you can send off for thyroid specific blood tests online and atleast you'd get all your numbers and detailed results to feel like you have the full picture

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now