Talk

Advanced search

To think I can't be the only one with this problem?

(16 Posts)
BeingATwatItsABingThing Wed 07-Sep-16 06:53:09

I think I'm addicted to MN. In the morning, I will be on MN and I will look at the time and think "shit I only have an hour to get ready, shower and all! But just 2 10 more minutes/one 47 more comments..." And then I only have 40 minutes to get ready and the cycle starts again...

Anybody else suffer from this?

It may of course, not be addiction but procrastination... We will never know. 😜

Arfarfanarf Wed 07-Sep-16 08:46:21

Yup.
It's so bad I'm considering having a different nc for every day of the weekto hide it 😂

pinkdelight Wed 07-Sep-16 08:49:06

I'm in denial. I totally need my fix first and last thing, but don't think it's a problem. It's like how people used to read the newspaper in the morning, isn't it? Just with more cock-lodgers and biscuits and penis beakers.

EarthboundMisfit Wed 07-Sep-16 08:50:04

I'm with you!

EarthboundMisfit Wed 07-Sep-16 08:50:56

In fact, I was on at 4am feeling snarky because there weren't many new threads.

Maybe you need like an AA for MN.
Hi, my names BeingATwat and I'm addicted to MN. It's been 2 minutes since my last comment grin

DamnGood314 Wed 07-Sep-16 08:53:07

yeh, I don't watch TV anymore though.

FeedMeAndTellMeImPretty Wed 07-Sep-16 09:24:23

Yup! I flit between MN and FB and am constantly disappointed that there aren't more juicy threads on either so then I have to get on with some work (I'm self employed so the only person I'm letting down is myself!)

I tried a FB ban once but then I checked a group I'm a member of to let them know that I would be AWOL for a month and while I was on there I won a £1000 prize from a competition I'd entered on FB so I felt that it was a sign not to give it up! grin

If MN want to give me a grand to keep me here I'll happily accept it smile otherwise I may have to go cold turkey, at least until I get some work done.

AdmiralData Wed 07-Sep-16 09:28:47

I'm Data and I haven't showered in three days because it would cut into mn time grin

SovietKitsch Wed 07-Sep-16 09:30:49

I don't comment much, but lurk A LOT, and also with the Facebook, and then I found FreeJinger too, and I basically never get any work done anymore...

AdjustableWench Wed 07-Sep-16 10:16:53

Me too. Don't know what the solution is.
What's FreeJinger? <considers resigning from job>

BeingATwatItsABingThing Wed 07-Sep-16 10:53:46

Maybe we should start a MN Addicts thread. May be counterproductive though...

BeingATwatItsABingThing Wed 07-Sep-16 10:57:50

Is it bad that I have used my 15 minute break whilst the children play to peruse MN instead of getting my cup of tea? I think the summer really cemented my issue because I wasn't restricted to only during play and lunch...

Cocklodger Wed 07-Sep-16 10:58:31

I'm cocklodger and yesterday I walked into a door because I was too busy mumsnetting to open it.
* DM sad face *

SovietKitsch Wed 07-Sep-16 11:16:38

Wench FreeJinger is an American website/forum predicated on the basis of snarking about fundamentalist Christians (think the Duggars - 19 kids and counting) , a bit niche, but bloody hell you can lose hours...

BeingATwatItsABingThing Wed 07-Sep-16 12:34:51

I'm Being and I MN when I'm feeling sad or bored or happy or tired or awake or ...

When I can't MN, I feel cross angry and anxious that I am missing something amazing. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now