Talk

Advanced search

Get in touch with my dh's mother?

(8 Posts)
fluffydogwalker Tue 06-Sep-16 16:42:03

They fell out a few years back, over dh's siblings treatment towards me.

There are times when I know he wants a relationship with his mother but is too stubborn to contact her. I'm assuming she is the same.

I have made it clear that I'm happy for it allows be swept under the carpet but he is angry still.

Should I intervene and contact my Mil directly?

19lottie82 Tue 06-Sep-16 16:55:52

No. Keep out of it. If it goes wrong, you will get the blame.

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Tue 06-Sep-16 16:59:39

Not unless you have your DH's approval beforehand.

rosesarered9 Tue 06-Sep-16 17:11:41

YABU You don't want to open the gates of hell

lovelymummywholoveswine Tue 06-Sep-16 17:18:54

Hahahahahaha. Yes, there's a lot to be said for just enjoying the peace!

BoneyBackJefferson Tue 06-Sep-16 18:04:21

YABVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVU

PGPsabitch Tue 06-Sep-16 18:07:06

Did your dh stick up for you then presumably while his mother didn't give a damn? If so you are bring v v unreasonable and I'm sure there are plenty here who would envy you that you have a partner willing to do that.

Do not contact her. If anything ask him how he feels. He knows them best. What if they act shitty towards you after you help them reconnect? Do you expect him to stand up for you again or are you willing to take the shit and if you have dc now or in future for them to see it?

RaspberryOverload Tue 06-Sep-16 18:57:49

There are times when I know he wants a relationship with his mother but is too stubborn to contact her. I'm assuming she is the same.

I wouldn't be too sure that she feels the same. Adn don't forget, your DH knows her better than you.

You say you know he wants a relationship, but it could just as easily be that he wants a relationship with the mother he wishes he had and not the one he actually has.

You really need to talk to your DH. Don't go behind his back. You could be opening a can of worms and face even more heartache.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now