Talk

Advanced search

To worry about DS starting nursery tomorrow

(13 Posts)
kensausage13 Tue 06-Sep-16 09:59:13

DS is 2 + 9 months and has always been looked after by family while me and DH wprk up until now. He's due to start nursery tomorrow and so far at all of his drop off at his settling in visits he's absolutely broken his heart when i leave. Its so bloody hard! The nursery and staff are amazing and assure me that he will settle in eventually but i absolutely hate leaving him crying. Any advice would be so appreciated. Tia. X

GruffaloPants Tue 06-Sep-16 10:02:34

I've been there!

Talk to him about stuff that will happen later e.g.cask what stories he wants at bedtime or let him pick a snack to have when he comes in.

Don't hang about after you say goodbye. DD used to cry her wee eyes out, it was heartbreaking. One day I had to come back 15 seconds later as I'd left a bag and she was happily playing in the toy kitchen!

Oysterbabe Tue 06-Sep-16 10:02:56

No advice but some sympathy. Just under 2 months until my DD starts sadsad

kensausage13 Tue 06-Sep-16 10:06:01

Thank you smile i guess im just looking for a bit of reassurance really. Phew...its hard all this parenting lark!!

Disastronaut Tue 06-Sep-16 10:10:26

It's really tough! But as pp said, do it fast. Hug, kiss, handover and leave, even if they're howling. It seems heartless but it's the kindest way. They're fine so fast!

MrsJayy Tue 06-Sep-16 10:32:53

Talk up nursery so you say how much fun they will have etc, first few times will be tough i used to work in nurseries a quick kiss cheery wave see you once you have finished playing works better than hanging about consoling them with there theres ime that makes them worse

kensausage13 Tue 06-Sep-16 10:36:40

Thanks all. I am absolutely giving a quick cheery wave goodbye and a kiss and then leaving...def won't hang around. Its just horrible hearing his scream as i walk down the corridor. Hope it will get better.

MrsJayy Tue 06-Sep-16 10:41:51

Its horrible the crying but the nursery staff will help you and him settle in.

Yorkieheaven Tue 06-Sep-16 11:09:02

Could they send you a photo of him when he's settled? I used to do that to my parents when a cm and often it was sent as their car just down the road. Tears to smiles in 2 minutes. grin

Ilovewillow Tue 06-Sep-16 11:17:37

My daughter did this for three yrs if I dropped her off, no problem with dad! I used to kiss her say have a lovely day and always told her I would be back to pick her up then just leave! Phone the nursery if it helps afterwards, she used to be fine after I left quite often before I had got to the car park!

Good luck

Noodledoodledoo Tue 06-Sep-16 12:01:14

There is a little boy on my daughters room who howls every morning for mum or dad. My husband does drop off and says every morning mum or dad can't have made it to the main door before he has stopped and stsrts chattong to him! Nursery are used to it and will distract them soo enough. It is heart breaking I know.

kensausage13 Thu 08-Sep-16 21:15:21

Thanks all. Weds was bad but today better so can only hope it continues that way. Your support is appreciated as always smile

fabulous01 Thu 08-Sep-16 21:18:39

One of mine took a day! The other twin took longer but I used to hang back and nosey through the window. The wee monkey would always be grand. But it is hard and I still hate drop offs as they are so little and sometimes so lost looking.
But mine have come on do much. And don't get me started on their mud kitchen lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now