Head up her arse

(61 Posts)
mikeyssister Mon 05-Sep-16 23:34:02

I actually told my DD this evening that her head is so far up her fucking arse she thinks she can see sunshine.

I can't believe how annoyed she made me.

MillionToOneChances Mon 05-Sep-16 23:36:32

I would need more information, but at a first estimate I'd guess YABU

LifeInJeneral Mon 05-Sep-16 23:36:39

....?

ArmySal Mon 05-Sep-16 23:38:01

Sunshine?

Up her fucking arse? I'm intrigued.🌞

LifeInJeneral Mon 05-Sep-16 23:38:05

This is like one of those annoying cryptic Facebook messages. Am I supposed to write "u ok hun?" So that you can tell me you will pm me?

FeedMeAndTellMeImPretty Mon 05-Sep-16 23:39:37

I obviously don't know how old yr DD is or what she has done to deserve this, but I'm fairly sure there are better ways to express your exasperation? We all say things we regret from time to time, but if I'd said that to my ds I'm not sure I'd be telling the world about it!

DerekSprechenZeDick Mon 05-Sep-16 23:39:59

I like to say I'm wearing my Arse like a hat

Dad says 'someone seen their Arse today' when said person is in a mood

Head up your Arse tends to mean moody right!m? Ain't no sunshine there

mikeyssister Mon 05-Sep-16 23:40:18

Sorry, she treats her older brother really badly, always rude to him and very mean, and it caused DH and I a problem this evening, which she could have avoided very easily.

We're regularly having to pull her up on her behaviour to him and this evening was the last straw.

mikeyssister Mon 05-Sep-16 23:42:09

Where we live "head up your arse" is an expression for someone who thinks they're better than other people.

Ninasimoneinthemorning Mon 05-Sep-16 23:42:23

How old is she? My eldest is 21 and thinks she from some aristocratic family - sadly we are all working class.

Headupownarse-itis is a real ailment y'know...

ArmySal Mon 05-Sep-16 23:43:46

I've heard of the head up the arse, just never heard of sunshine being discovered in the darkness grin

LifeInJeneral Mon 05-Sep-16 23:44:57

It depends in age and what she has done...if she is 3 and threw some peas at him then that's one thing, if she is 17 and has run him over that's another. We need some context.

Faez Mon 05-Sep-16 23:46:08

Yeah head up your arse is self adoration and as her head is so far up she can see daylight/sunshine?

Ninasimoneinthemorning Mon 05-Sep-16 23:46:09

'Heads that far up own arse their breath stinks of shit' grin

DerekSprechenZeDick Mon 05-Sep-16 23:47:28

We say you think the sun shines out of his/her/your Arse

You have seen your Arse or you have you head up your Arse if you are moody

Don't say it's a weird family thing!

RunningLulu Mon 05-Sep-16 23:51:06

What did she do?

pinkyredrose Mon 05-Sep-16 23:52:32

Is this your second thread?

ArmySal Mon 05-Sep-16 23:54:45

I agree, Derek.

Head up your own arse, moody.

Head up someone else's, arse licker.

Sun shining out of your arse, think you're the dog's bollocks.

mikeyssister Mon 05-Sep-16 23:56:47

DH rang her to ask her to come and help him.

DS asked her where she was going and she refused to answer him. When I got home from a meeting I couldn't get hold of either of them and they needed my help too.

She's 16 and DS is 18.

In itself it wasn't a big deal at all, but for the fact DH needed me, and it really was the last straw in how she treats DS, this is something she's been pulled up on so many times in the past and she keeps promising to change, but never does.

mikeyssister Mon 05-Sep-16 23:57:48

I posted in teenagers to get suggestions on how to improve their relationship.

I've posted here to vent.

AnyFucker Tue 06-Sep-16 00:00:14

I don't really think talking to your daughter like that will improve her relationship with her brother

She sounds mean. I could hazard a guess where she gets it from.

SaucyJack Tue 06-Sep-16 00:02:03

Sounds like a bit of a non-event. I guess you'd have to have been there to get it.

mikeyssister Tue 06-Sep-16 00:05:26

She's not usually mean at all, except she just has a thing about her brother.

I know it wasn't a helpful thing to say, but she's been niggling any him all summer and tonight was the last straw.

Total non event, just wanted to vent because I'm awake and DH is snoring.

DerekSprechenZeDick Tue 06-Sep-16 00:06:28

Makes no sense to me because you messed with the head up Arse and sunshine thing grin

LineyReborn Tue 06-Sep-16 00:07:18

Sounds fairly normal teenage stuff to me. Maybe a bit of an off day, but nothing major.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now