AIBU to not want to wax/shave down there?

(46 Posts)
Badgoushk Mon 05-Sep-16 22:24:48

Waxing hurts, shaving gets stubbly, hair removal cream stinks and burns!

But most of all, I just don't like the non-hairy look. I don't like feeling pressurised by society into complying. I'm happy going au naturel!

Am I the only person who feels this way?!

DerekSprechenZeDick Mon 05-Sep-16 22:25:40

No one actually cares if you have pubic hair or not.

Shave, don't shave.

Have a vajazzle or dye it green for all the fucks anyone else gives

sentia Mon 05-Sep-16 22:27:14

No you're not the only person who feels that way. If you don't want to, don't. It's not compulsory to be hairless from the neck down.

Mrsderekshepard Mon 05-Sep-16 22:27:20

This again..... Really? Grow it shave it who cares.

DramaAlpaca Mon 05-Sep-16 22:27:59

It's your body, do whatever you like.

Crispsheets Mon 05-Sep-16 22:28:14

Don't do it then. No big deal.

RunningLulu Mon 05-Sep-16 22:28:19

YANBU. However do trim the edges with a hedge trimmer, every now and again, so you don't scare the kids when you go swimming

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Mon 05-Sep-16 22:29:14

No one cares

VeryBitchyRestingFace Mon 05-Sep-16 22:29:19

I have never had a "special friend" comment on it, one way or t'other.

HeddaLettuce Mon 05-Sep-16 22:29:44

Plenty of women don't do anything to their pubic hair, you're hardly unique hmm

If you don't want to, don't, nobody actually cares.

RealityCheque Mon 05-Sep-16 22:29:55

Easy to say, Derek but the reality is that (rightly or wrongly) many people DO care.

Many people have personal preferences about pubes, the same as they do about weight / tattoos / height etc. For some its a preference - for others a turn off. That's life, unfortunately.

PickAChew Mon 05-Sep-16 22:30:02

Of course YANBU!

Queenbean Mon 05-Sep-16 22:31:31

YES YOU ARE BEING VERY UNREASONABLE AND MUST REMOVE ALL YOUR HAIR IMMEDIATELY

Why the fuck do people ask this. How could you POSSIBLY be unreasonable to not want to shave your pubes? Seriously?

HeddaLettuce Mon 05-Sep-16 22:32:08

Easy to say, Derek but the reality is that (rightly or wrongly) many people DO care

Great filter for weeding out the wankers. You're not interested because I have hair? Good to know, fuck off then!
If anyone cares about your pubic hair they are a fucking weirdo, frankly.

TheWitTank Mon 05-Sep-16 22:32:22

Why or how do you feel pressured? I presume nobody sees your vag day to day except you (and your partner if you have one) so wouldn't know or care how you looked. I personally have none as thats how I like it. Nothing to do with men, fashion or anything else other than comfort for me.

katand2kits Mon 05-Sep-16 22:32:23

Who is pressurizing you? I expect that hardly anyone sees your pubes anyway. I do not remove mine (except anything that falls into the leg shaving category) and I have not felt pressurised by anyone, since nobody outside my home is aware of my intimate grooming habits

PickAChew Mon 05-Sep-16 22:33:21

Aye, but Reality no way on Earth would I be willing to allow someone else's preference about pubes to over-ride my preference for my own. Even if the sex was shit hot, it's not worth the faff and constant discomfort to me (even if it was an aesthetic I liked in any way whatsoever)

steff13 Mon 05-Sep-16 22:33:23

Only about half of women do any maintenance down there. I get a Brazilian wax every six weeks, and I find it barely hurts at all.

glenthebattleostrich Mon 05-Sep-16 22:33:48

I prefer to French plait it down my thighs as I can't be arsed to shave my legs either.

My pit hair is permed.

Squeegle Mon 05-Sep-16 22:33:56

Does nearly everyone do it now then? I'm 50, it really was not a thing when I was younger - but seems like now people feel like it's mandatory? I honestly wouldn't dream of it. Does that make me in the minority?

PickAChew Mon 05-Sep-16 22:34:18

And what hedda said grin

UmbongoUnchained Mon 05-Sep-16 22:34:53

YABU

It MUST be shaved like the union jack.

DerekSprechenZeDick Mon 05-Sep-16 22:35:18

I'm yet to meet anyone who gives a shit about whether I shave, dye or plait my pubic hair

Just one of those things that I'm not asked tbh. Maybe I'm not hanging around the right circles

Are there clubs that only allow bald pubic regions? Shops that only serve you if you show them a bush? Restaurants that sit you in the shitty seats if you happen to like a Brazilian?!

Badgoushk Mon 05-Sep-16 22:36:20

Ha! I didn't mean that a particular person is pressuring me. Just that I presumed that 99% of women do shave (I worked in gynaecology for 6 weeks and never saw anyone with pubic hair!) and that maybe I'm the odd one out for not wanting to.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Mon 05-Sep-16 22:36:21

It MUST be shaved like the union jack.

The UJ is shaved? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now