Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to consider killing DH?

(143 Posts)
AWishAndADream Mon 05-Sep-16 22:03:36

DH has a chocolate obsession. We've been together 4 years and I've never not know him go a day without eating it. He really doesn't care what kind, he'll eat it if it's chocolate.

It's one of the most annoying things about him because when he wants it he will eat whatever he can find, even if it's mine or DDs.

I've tried several things to keep chocolate to myself as I don't eat it everyday and neither does DD; a tin that all the chocolate in is mine and DDs which he's not allowed to touch or eat, setting an allowance for chocolate weekly within our budget which he always spends, and even buying a limited amount of chocolate each day and giving him that. Nothing works.

So we made the rule that he could eat anything available in the supermarket locally but he had to replace it, including going to the shop and buying it himself out of his own money. This seemed to be working.

Until today.

A friend of my mums has just come back from Florida and she went to Harry Potter World. I hardly know the woman but she brought back a chocolate frog for my daughter, which I was extremely grateful as I wasn't expecting it. I was given it after my DD was in bed so put the frog in the cupboard to be given to her tomorrow and the next day and the next day after that and the next day after that. I told DH it was DDs and he was not to eat it.

Guess what he's gone and eaten? The chocolate frog. Grr

I'm gutted, apparently we had no other chocolate in and he didn't want to wake DD to go to the shop to get some. I was working until 9.15pm (home at 9.30).

AIBU to kill him and his chocolate obsession once and for all?

PotteringAlong Mon 05-Sep-16 22:05:26

If he couldn't wait that's an addiction, not an obsession...

PotteringAlong Mon 05-Sep-16 22:05:53

And yes, I would go completely ballistic at him.

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Mon 05-Sep-16 22:05:53

What an ass!!! That's awful. Your husband sounds totally selfish and self absorbed.

ArmySal Mon 05-Sep-16 22:06:45

Those chocolate frogs are awful, they taste like cooking chocolate for a ridiculous price.

Mean of him to eat it though, kill him.

YelloDraw Mon 05-Sep-16 22:06:47

Wow I thought I was bad with chocolate but I've got nothing on that!

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Mon 05-Sep-16 22:06:56

I don't believe for one second that it's an addiction or an obsession. He's just a twat who cares more about stuffing his face than a child's feelings.

1sttimedaddy83 Mon 05-Sep-16 22:08:10

Is he a adult or a child? I'd be telling him to grow the fuck up.

acasualobserver Mon 05-Sep-16 22:08:21

He must be very fat. Perhaps he will just eat himself to death and you won't have to kill him.

Oysterbabe Mon 05-Sep-16 22:08:52

Wow what an arse.

Polkadot1974 Mon 05-Sep-16 22:09:43

Ask the local shops not to serve him...

AWishAndADream Mon 05-Sep-16 22:09:52

acasual not fat fat but creeping towards overweight

anyname123 Mon 05-Sep-16 22:10:21

I'd be fucking furious. What a selfish twat. LTB

VenusRising Mon 05-Sep-16 22:10:54

Get him to explain what he's done to your DD. No fudging the issue, pardon the pun.

He's got to own up and apologise.

He's an addict btw.

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Mon 05-Sep-16 22:11:15

'hide' a bar of laxative chocolate. . Bet he learns then.

coolaschmoola Mon 05-Sep-16 22:11:36

I'm with Annie - he's not obsessed or addicted, he's a selfish twat!

Soubriquet Mon 05-Sep-16 22:11:43

That is completely unacceptable

He could have waited. He is an adult not a child.

PassiveAgressiveQueen Mon 05-Sep-16 22:11:46

Teach him how to make butter icing using coca powder, works for me.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Mon 05-Sep-16 22:12:39

That's fucking pathetic. How are you supposed to fancy someone who behaves like that??

Mind you, OP, you'll probably get someone on complaining about your thread title being "triggering" - how would you like it if you'd had some family member who'd been killed blah, blah, blah...

gamerchick Mon 05-Sep-16 22:13:21

I think I would be tempted to sicken him. Loads of chocolate in the house, a big bar for his meals and nothing else made for him, just constant chocolate.

Just to see what would happen.

dontwannapullahammie Mon 05-Sep-16 22:13:39

He needs to tell your dd that he's eaten her chocolate frog imo.

What a greedy shit. Nobody needs chocolate every day

SpiritedLondon Mon 05-Sep-16 22:13:45

He's going to have to work out how to replace it isn't he?

icelollycraving Mon 05-Sep-16 22:13:55

I do think the thread's title is in bad taste. We wouldn't tolerate a man saying that about a woman.
Now that's done..your husband is an utterly selfish twat. The only chocolate I would leave around would be laxative chocolate. I'd be fucking furious.

pictish Mon 05-Sep-16 22:13:59

Nope that was a shitty, selfish, greedy thing for him to do. <makes the sign of the "W" for wanker>

PovertyPain Mon 05-Sep-16 22:22:39

He doesn't have an addiction, he's just a greedy, selfish prick. I would tell your daughter daddy has a chocolate frog for her and let the prick explain what happened to it. He could then either ignore how he has upset her or take her to the shop for a treat. His reaction will show if it's an addition or if he's just a prick.

Def get laxative chocolate and tell him not to touch your 'special' chocolate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now