To send DP up the road to tell distant neighbour to collect their parcel!

(24 Posts)
Andbabymakesthree Mon 05-Sep-16 19:10:03

Took a parcel in earlier opposite side of road three/four doors up.
Delivery driver collared me as returning home and asked me. No problem i said and he put a huge flat pack item in our hall. Apparently their actual neighbour had refused.

He definitely put a card in their door

Now it's been nearly 2. 5 hrs since we noticed they are home.
I've had a bitch of a day. Already in PJs and nearly 6 mths pregnant.
Can't wait to get children in bed and go to bed myself.

DP heading out in half hour.

I don't want to be disturbed later. I didn't want to answer door in dressing gown. In fact I don't even want to use a brain cell even speaking to anyone!

I'm not having DP lug it up and hurt himself and cost us money at oestopath we can't afford.

So do i send him up and say please come and get parcel as I'm heading out.
It's in the way of us getting in and out of hall. I don't want it collected tomorrow. I actually think they are taking the piss a bit.

Even if its too heavy and they are waiting for another person to return they could pop down and explain?! I just want to go to bed!

HolesInTheFloor Mon 05-Sep-16 19:12:56

Oops I sometimes leave it says before I go and pick up a parcel from my neighbours confused

Minniemagoo Mon 05-Sep-16 19:15:37

Send your Dh. You ANBU. Very rude of them especially as they must be aware of the size.

thisismeusernameything Mon 05-Sep-16 19:15:58

Go to bed and ignore the door.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Mon 05-Sep-16 19:16:59

There was a poster on here a few years ago who claimed that it was beyond rude for a neighbour to come round to collect their mail.

The only acceptable course of action is to wait for the keeper-of-the-mail to bring it round at a time convenient to them.

Perhaps this person is your neighbour? grin

Swatsup Mon 05-Sep-16 19:18:01

Surely if you offered to take the parcel you can't then get annoyed at your neighbour? If you had refused then the delivery company would have left a note to arrange another suitable time. Much more convenient for them that having to carry it all that way!

ParanoidGynodroid Mon 05-Sep-16 19:18:31

Get your DP to tell them you're putting it outside. They'll soon come and collect it.

Andbabymakesthree Mon 05-Sep-16 19:19:50

If i go to bed then it'll be a pain tomorrow as in way of accessing front door and downstairs toilet.

Maybe they are verybitchy!

I'm intrigued as to why their neighbour said no now too!

GeneralBobbit Mon 05-Sep-16 19:20:38

Well if it's me, no they didn't put a card through the door

Like they didn't last week. Or the week before.

HaPPy8 Mon 05-Sep-16 19:22:49

I don't think there is anything wrong in asking them to come get it but I don't think they are particalry taking the mick either. I think you are hormonal and thus melodramatic!!!

Andbabymakesthree Mon 05-Sep-16 19:23:54

Swatsup I'm sure as they work a neighbour taking it in is much more useful than rearranging delivery. However given the size of it they are rude not to have relieved us of it earlier.

It's raining. I'm tempted.

CwtchMeQuick Mon 05-Sep-16 19:25:34

I don't think there's anything wrong with asking them to get it, but I also don't think they've done anything dreadful either. If it's a big parcel might whoever is home be waiting for someone else to get home to give them a hand carrying it?

Andbabymakesthree Mon 05-Sep-16 19:27:13

Both cars home now. Last checked an hour or so ago. So partner could have only just arrived home....

Yep tired hormonal but still its bloody rude. Won't be doing it again and i take alot of parcels in.
Its a pain to get to sorting office here and often courier depots are minimum 60 mins drive away.

ConvincingLiar Mon 05-Sep-16 19:34:31

So go and tell them they can collect it now. I'd send DP with a plan B note with a number saying they should text to see whether it's convenient to come to collect.

Andbabymakesthree Mon 05-Sep-16 19:41:48

Fucking soft my DP is.

Took it up there! Knocked on door.
Woman barely acknowledged him.

He came back and said they can fuck off with parcels being taken in future.

To piss him off is hard.

Mystery about their own neighbours refusing solved!

MalcolmTuckersEyebrows Mon 05-Sep-16 22:33:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HeddaLettuce Mon 05-Sep-16 22:35:33

To piss him off is hard

Clearly not true.

MidniteScribbler Tue 06-Sep-16 00:45:24

Oops I sometimes leave it says before I go and pick up a parcel from my neighbours

That's just rude.

BeBesideTheSea Tue 06-Sep-16 01:52:05

Worried now. Had 3 parcels delivered while.we were on holiday last week (meant to be in a single parcel and delivered today!). Left with neighbour. We arrived home at 9:30pm on Saturday. I thought that was too late to be knocking on someone's door, so was going to go round on Sunday.

Before I got a chance they had sent their daughter over with the parcels. I didn't see her so didn't get chance to apologise and explain that (a) we were not taking the pics and (b) we were very grateful.

BeBesideTheSea Tue 06-Sep-16 01:52:57

Pics piss - autocorrect clearly has 'views' on swearing!

MoreCoffeeNow Tue 06-Sep-16 06:45:24

A few Christmases ago I was asked to take in a huge parcel for neighbours a few doors down on the day before Christmas Eve. They hadn't picked it up by 7pm despite being home so I went over and knocked to ask them to collect it. It was huge and heavy and DH was out.

The woman said they were going to leave it until after Christmas because she'd got her house "ready for Christmas" and it would be in the way. I said my house was ready apart from a huge parcel which would be out in the road that night.

She collected it.

Sootica Tue 06-Sep-16 06:50:17

The cheek of some people! I also don't knock when late though and I often get home late, or if I arrive home with tantrumming hungry toddler from hell in tow - if DH is going to be home soon I wait for him to send a lone adult up. But I am also totally happy if my neighbour refuses delivery and don't think I've ever had anything massive and hall blocking delivered although Amazon are bastards with their huge packaging. Amazing "out" delivery instructions are over back gate or in front shed not to neighbour

CeeceeBloomingdale Tue 06-Sep-16 07:20:43

I once took in a huge trampoline for my next door neighbour in two huge boxes. I saw they were home and after a couple of hours went round and said I had a parcel for her. She went mad as her kids were there and it was a present (I hadn't said what the parcel was or anything). She said she'd collect it the next day. I said not as we were having a dinner party that night and it took over the full living room. We were also selling the house at the time so didn't want viewers coming in to that.

MalcolmTuckersEyebrows Tue 06-Sep-16 17:18:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now