Talk

Advanced search

To be a bit annoyed?

(7 Posts)
JakeBallardswife Mon 05-Sep-16 17:25:59

Ok, so I probably am being a little unreasonable. DD swims 3 mornings a week during term time at the pool in our nearest large town approx 7 mins drive in each direction. It is an early start but before the summer I was sharing the lifts with her friend. We did a week on / week off. All seemed to be fine.

However, with no notice they are now sharing with someone who lives opposite them rather than 3 mins drive away. Given the early starts I appreciate it would be easier for them. But am a little miffed that they didn't let me know before last night telling me they wouldn't need a lift for their DC.

I need to let it go, but I'm annoyed. And tired.

HallowedMimic Mon 05-Sep-16 17:30:41

For the sake of less than ten minutes driving, I don't suppose they thought it was a big deal.

Lift sharing for such a short drive is probably more trouble than it's worth. At least you can suit yourselves now.

Birdsgottafly Mon 05-Sep-16 17:33:26

It's a shame that you all can't share the lifts and that way only do one in three weeks each.

I always think it's easier to just do your own thing, if possible, though.

That way you know "where your are and what your doing".

JakeBallardswife Mon 05-Sep-16 17:35:44

I think ultimately I agree. But things like this seem to belittle my self confidence and I take it personally. When really I know it has very little to do with me and more to do with the people concerned and them just thinking about their situation.

I tend to read more into things than strictly necessary, I think.

It is still bothering me though.Why?

justilou Mon 05-Sep-16 17:38:40

People are self-involved and thoughtless. Pity you weren't included in the lift-sharing. You could have had two weeks off between swims.

rookiemere Mon 05-Sep-16 17:45:36

Well I think YANBU.
You had a standing arrangement. Unless there was history of mickey taking on your side, then it's common courtesy to give a bit of notice if that arrangement is ending.

JakeBallardswife Mon 05-Sep-16 17:56:00

No, no messing around with dates,we stuck to it as planned religiously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now