To ask if you can update house details on Zoopla

(5 Posts)
Househuntingwoes Mon 05-Sep-16 10:41:31

I appreciate Zoopla values aren't accurate anyway but people do look when buying and we're about to go on the market.

We've extended our house and added 2 bedrooms and an extra living room which has effectively doubled the size of the house.

Looking on Zoopla our house is obviously valued based on the pre-extension layout.

Ive heard that you can request that Zoopla update their records but that makes me wonder what the valuation is then based on ie there are no comparable properties on the street and other similar layout properties close by still have the outdoor space we extended into so are bigger IYSWIM

I also wonder how they check its true as, in theory you could make it whatever size you like.

Julju Mon 05-Sep-16 10:54:46

You can update details - it's really straightforward from memory. There's a "refine estimate" option.

The valuation really is a load of rubbish though - I wouldn't spend too much time or energy on it.

Househuntingwoes Mon 05-Sep-16 11:04:01

Thanks. I agree it actually makes a mockery of the whole valuation if you can effectively tell them whatever you want whether it's true or not.

t4nut Mon 05-Sep-16 11:20:26

Nobody pays attention to zoopla estimates. All they do is take last sale price and apply average price adjustments for the area - no accounting for location etc. For example my house and next door neighbours are identical - bought mine at below market rate as guy was in a hurry to move. Apparently because of this according to zoopla there's a 50k price difference.

RunningLulu Mon 05-Sep-16 11:28:57

Zoopla isn't useful for valuations. My 3 bed detached property is consistantly valued at the same or lower than recently sold smaller 3 bed semis on my street because it doesn't have a second bathroom, but we've had offers that are 100k over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now