to ban them from the toiletroom

(7 Posts)
Oakmaiden Mon 05-Sep-16 08:41:41

Someone in my household is weeing on the toilet room floor. It is one of the boys - I am almost certain it is not my husband, which means it must be either the 18 year old or the 11 year old. I think they are sitting on the toilet to wee, and not tucking sufficiently so it goes up under the seat and then drips onto the carpet.

And yes, we have a carpet in the toiletroom. And yes, it is disgusting. And no, I can't change it to lino as we are in a rented house. So I end up scrubbing and scrubbing the carpet. For it to stink again a day later.

We have a downstairs bathroom/toilet as well - with a tiled floor. Nobody uses it as it is damp, prone to fungi, cold, rather antique and a fuck off enormous spider lives under the bath. So we all avoid it and use the upstairs bathroom instead.

However, this weeing on the floor thing. AIBU to ban both boys from the upstairs toilet until I work out which one of them is weeing on the carpet?

MothersGrim Mon 05-Sep-16 08:46:21

Is it only happening recently? I wonder if the um, 11 year old is developing and possibly not getting used to the change.

To be honest I'd call them both over, have them watch me clean up their piss and then give them alternate days to clean it up themselves for a week at 8pm say. Anyone who doesn't clean it or doesn't clean it properly has to use spider toilet.

See how it is after one or two weeks.

TormundGiantsbabe Mon 05-Sep-16 08:49:04

Aside from calling them out on it and making them clean up after themselves, could you get one of those toilet pedestal mats which can be chucked in the washing machine? Might save a bit of time scrubbing the carpet.

RunningLulu Mon 05-Sep-16 08:49:23

This ^^

YelloDraw Mon 05-Sep-16 08:55:36

Yes get a couple of the toilet mats so at least you aren't scrubbing piss of carpet and they can just go in the washing machine - saves you a job whilst the issue is addressed.

Amandahugandkisses Mon 05-Sep-16 08:57:45

You need to get them both in front of you tell them what's happening and say if it happens again the'll have to scrub the carpet.

ShotsFired Mon 05-Sep-16 09:08:22

I'm sure I heard that boys can use the backwards method, where they straddle the seat and face the cistern to help avoid this issue?

Possibly an idea?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now